1949 Dodge Coronet interior re-work

49DODGEBOY

Well it has been a while since I have been on here, busy life that's all. But thought I would share what I have been doing.

Replaced all the floors with 18g steel panels, all cut, formed and welded in by me. Not a pro but better than the "Flintstone" floors I had before.

Painted the entire interior. This past weekend I completed all new custom door panels. Just need to track down some window cranks. Again, not a pro but better than the non-existent ones I had.

Again, just thought I would share. headliner and carpet to follow.

post-336-0-88414500-1432667880_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-89348700-1432667904_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good :) fabricating some bits of the floor is the next job on mine, what did you use to put the strengthening ribs in?

Cheers,

Paul.

• Like 1

Looks good :) fabricating some bits of the floor is the next job on mine, what did you use to put the strengthening ribs in?

Cheers,

Paul.

A good ole in-expensive bead roller from Harbor Freight.  My neighbor had one.   Just takes getting used too but worked like a charm.

• Like 1

Thats what i suspected, been looking for a second hand one for ages, might even have a go at fabricating one myself if no luck soon. That and a proper box pan folder would be invaluable for all this stuff!!

Cheers,

Paul.

• Like 1

again, thanks guys. I guess my own doubts are just because it has taken soooo long to get here.

Arm rests rebuilt this weekend. 

post-336-0-01027600-1433169559_thumb.jpg

I know you tradional guys will dis-like it but I am building the car as it would have been built in my favorite era, late 50,s - 60's..specifically in the Calif style. This is the car my brother (RIP) would have built back then.  The shift knob and the Tiki hanging from the mirror were his. He was my hero.  So here is my new bamboo headliner. 

post-336-0-64421900-1433429550_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-98438500-1433429562_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kick panels and rear deck done finally.. Hog ringed on the covers I have for now. Need to save some $ for full upholstery work later.

Door sills finished too.

post-336-0-19601100-1437664669_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-03234600-1437664715_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-96415100-1437664739_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-15333400-1437664910_thumb.jpg

Edited by 49DODGEBOY

Looks good. What did you use for sills

Bob?

actually found those at my local Ace hardware. They are a carpet seam cover, they were 72" so bought 2 and cut them to fit. Has the slight bend in them to hold down the carpet edge.  Not automotive but worked perfect for me.

Rich

I like it alot. Got a surfer 50/60s vibe.

Nice metal work. Impressive

thx, that is the look I am going for, kind of dedicated the look to my brother who was a surfer, tiki guy here in Calif back in the 60's, The Tiki and the shift knob were his from back in the day.  Rich

Absolutely love the bamboo headliner..... saving that picture!

thx, not for everyone's taste for sure.   And a heck of a lot cheaper than a headliner!

Oh for sure, I already looked at the prices at Home Depot lol.

I would of ripped mine down already and done the same if it wasn't the original and in pretty good condition. BUT I have given mine the stink eye since seeing yours. Looks like you gain a few inches of head room too! 

Oh for sure, I already looked at the prices at Home Depot lol.

I would of ripped mine down already and done the same if it wasn't the original and in pretty good condition. BUT I have given mine the stink eye since seeing yours. Looks like you gain a few inches of head room too! 

well your lucky, I had no liner and luckily the rods were in the trunk when I got the car.   I think the 16' roll was $25.00  :)