Door Seal Adhesive

Where would they mount for the windows? Their like an "A" shape, so can't think where they would fit the window at all? As for the others, their way too big for the handles I thought....I was thinking wiper transmissions, but their the wrong shape and too big again for that.

The rubber bumpers definitely go into two slots on the inside edge of the top of the window opening. They are a bugger to install after the window is in place.

Barry

Thanks Mark. That ends my questions on this topic.

Barry

Mark:

I hope that you didn't think I was serious.

Since the door rubber starts about 1" beyond the division bar and the cab rubber ends about 1" beyond the welded seam, it appears that both rubbers will overlap by 8-9". I assume that is not a problem. Correct?

Barry

Ok, I can't see where those pieces would fit in the door....i looked at the parts exploded view and they don't mention them either. Anyone have a picture? Only pieces I could think was the windshield view showed some little pieces, but don't see where they go there either.

Ok, I can't see where those pieces would fit in the door....i looked at the parts exploded view and they don't mention them either. Anyone have a picture? Only pieces I could think was the windshield view showed some little pieces, but don't see where they go there either.

Page 23-12 of my Mopar Parts List shows the bumpers (23-08-40) and the fuzzy weatherstrip (23-63-97) which is also a bear to install after the glass is in place. The bumpers go in slots on the inner edge of the window opening. The weatherstrip goes on the outer edge of the opening.

Barry

Not sure if I was missing something, but the clips that hold in the window channel didn't work at all for me, so I just used weatherstrip adhesive and glued them in, my buddy does that all the time on hot rods, so figured I should be fine. This is a very good thread for those that are looking to install the new seals. Does anyone know know if the original style pins that hold the under hood cowl strips are available, or what to use that's close?

• 4 years later...
13 hours ago, 5027 steve said:

Any idea why the video doesn't work anymore????? Thanks Steve

Well becasue stupid photobucket....I'll see if I can get it working right.  The photobucket fiasco will plague us all till the end of time.

updated:

https://p15-d24.com/topic/48926-weatherstrip/?do=findComment&comment=547559

The longer video is in the downloads section of the forum and I've updated a link to that as well.  Nice detail up-close VIDEO (big file) of where everything belongs on the doors and well, the rest of the cab.

On 11/12/2019 at 6:16 AM, ggdad1951 said:

Well becasue stupid photobucket....I'll see if I can get it working right.  The photobucket fiasco will plague us all till the end of time.

updated:

https://p15-d24.com/topic/48926-weatherstrip/?do=findComment&comment=547559

The longer video is in the downloads section of the forum and I've updated a link to that as well.  Nice detail up-close VIDEO (big file) of where everything belongs on the doors and well, the rest of the cab.

Ok I'm a dummy....can't find the download section to download.....tried link to no avail.....Thanks , working on doors this weekend....

13 hours ago, 5027 steve said:

Ok I'm a dummy....can't find the download section to download.....tried link to no avail.....Thanks , working on doors this weekend....

right here: but you need to be on the full web based site not the mobile app version

image.png.87cd5839cacdf557d077d95fa5a9c00d.png

Mobile app you need to hit the hamburger Icon upper right, click the "browse" button then you will see "downloads", then look for "B3 gaskets"

Or try this link:

https://p15-d24.com/files/file/80-b3-gasketsmp4/

23 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

right here: but you need to be on the full web based site not the mobile app version

image.png.87cd5839cacdf557d077d95fa5a9c00d.png

Mobile app you need to hit the hamburger Icon upper right, click the "browse" button then you will see "downloads", then look for "B3 gaskets"

Or try this link:

https://p15-d24.com/files/file/80-b3-gasketsmp4/

GOT IT !!????? OUTSTANDING ..Thanks Steve