What have I done? (Or what will I do?)

Holy Mackrel Mark ! Where you gonna park that beast ?

2013-11-18_0801_zpsf436738f.png

This Ford COE and it's little brother gets lots of attention at our local shows...

Congratulations Mark, ,It couldn't have fallen into better hands.

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B

This Ford COE and it's little brother gets lots of attention at our local shows...

That red truck does not look like a cab over to me???

That puppy should have either a synro 4 or 5 speed ...no OD.

Rear axle ratio.. single speed only- No "A"  designation so..6.28 or a 6.83

It is the longer WB model for the 1-1/2 tonner. No frame reinforcements. HH would have had them as they are the heavy series H model.

Bob

• Like 1

It is the longer WB model for the 1-1/2 tonner. No frame reinforcements. HH would have had them as they are the heavy series H model.

Bob

any idea why the "A" on the serial number?

Bob

so just thinking here...what would I have to do to the frame to pull say a B3D up on it to haul around?  Anything?

With the mention of a possible 8bt transplant, I'm curious to know if the 8bt has a governed high rpm.  Unless it's governed higher than the current engine, it may have a lower highway speed than what's in it.   FEF may be faster than the COE.

so just thinking here...what would I have to do to the frame to pull say a B3D up on it to haul around?  Anything?

Bob

Your new truck and frame is plenty strong to haul a light load like your 1 tonner.

With the mention of a possible 8bt transplant, I'm curious to know if the 8bt has a governed high rpm.  Unless it's governed higher than the current engine, it may have a lower highway speed than what's in it.   FEF may be faster than the COE.

there are ALWAYS ways around that issue (if it exists)...I know a few engineers at Cummins that could help me free the beast...

I think my hands would have been better.  Tail gaiting at a Packer game

Keep the flattie. It hauled that truck around all those years and can continue to do so given a chance. Who cares if it doesn't go fast.

part of this purchase was to make something that I could haul FEF around with since he doesn't go fast to get to certain shows.

part of this purchase was to make something that I could haul FEF around with since he doesn't go fast to get to certain shows.

Here is your completed rebuilt dream COE,  extra heavy duty chassis, and sleeper cab....looks to be a special order built heavy duty one off.

Here is your completed rebuilt dream COE,  extra heavy duty chassis, and sleeper cab....looks to be a special order built heavy duty one off.

I'd bet that NONE of those exist anymore...  :(

Looks like a later non stock "Spitfire" chrysler engine!

Maybe a 265!

Now I'm jealous :(