Hi folks.  I’m happy to join one of the best-respected forums on the web.  I’ve never had a flathead-era MoPar, so I haven’t had any reason to do more than lurk up to now.

I still don’t have one, technically, but once I get a bunch of early Ford stuff sold, I want to build a ‘40s-style Dodge Brothers hop up with all pre-1949 Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, and Imperial parts.  On paper, this calls for a ‘15-‘22 Dodge Brothers roadster with a ‘23-‘26 cowl; the brakes, floor-shift trans, and rear axle from a ‘38 Chrysler; 19x4 wire wheels ala ‘29 DeSoto; and a postwar flathead six (I’m undecided as to whether the 23-inch or 25-inch engine) with a couple carburetors and an alloy head.

I’m looking forward to picking the brains here and hopefully harvesting some of your castoffs.  Thanks for having me!

-Dave

• Like 1

Dave, welcome aboard, nice bunch of guys here, they know their stuff...........this pic might help a bit, was taken at last weekends Australian Street Rod Nats, theres also been a long term build up thread on the Ozrodders forum under members cars/pics/rides or something........anyway this 29 Dodge uses a Edgy Finned head, etc on a 25" engine........I don't have any pics apart from this one of the 29 Dodge.....I was building a 230 engine as shown on the stand for the 41 coupe I had, now both sold.......still got the 40 Dodge tho its 318 Poly etc......again, welcome.....regards, andyd    

post-612-0-82796000-1428529357_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-19454700-1428529387_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-63260900-1428529399_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-05789300-1428529444_thumb.jpg

Welcome from sunny, DRY, "we skipped spring & went straight to summer" So Cal. Sounds like a cool build, make sure you start a build thread.