Moving Car Unpowered. Some Questions.

Bingster

I have to move my Desoto a few feet here and there.  The clutch pedal is removed, and I'm not certain what gear I'm in. Don't want to mess anything up.

With Fluid Drive, does it make any difference if I don't use the clutch pedal?  I've never driven the car and so have no experience with Fluid Drive.

Also, what's the best place place to hook to the front end for pulling?  Will a Chrysler 300 be able to pull it out from having the wheels sunk into the ground a little? Not much, but enough so a couple of guys couldn't push it out.

With fluid drive it will still roll while in gear. So when you do move it, if the parking brake does not work have wheel blocks. Not sure on toe points but if it has sat long enough to make holes for the wheels I hope the brakes are not locked up as well.

Pretty much any vehicle should be able to move it safely.  A rope, or tow strap around the lower control arm should be a good enough place to tug it gently out of the wheel divots.  As mentioned with a fluid drive it is technically in neutral whenever the car is off.  So a parking brake is a must!

Thread a log chain through a 2" +\- pipe. Connect so that the pipe is snug to both vehicles. The snug pipe eliminates jerking and pro v the tires. brakes. I use this Set up all the time. To get a sunken vehicle moving, dig a ditch in front of each tire Then

any car can pull said Car free.

Edited by pflaming

And your DeSoto doesn't weigh as much as it looks.  Despite their size, the 4dr sedans only tip the scales a couple hundred pounds over 3,000 (our D24 weighs 3,286 lbs.) meaning your Chrysler 300 can easily pull it, especially given the recommendations in this thread.