Door seal pattern on a B3B truck

pflaming

I cleaned the doors and now do not know for certain what the pattern is.  I know that some of the seal is on the cab and continues on the door, but not certain just where.  Anyone have a good picture:?

ya might have to use your imagination on these cuz these are original seals that are in poor condition and partially missing...

on the cab, the seal starts at the bottom of the rear of the door frame and continues to the seam on the A-pillar:

large.sm51DODGEdoorSeal1.jpg.e22be0afc01f9816edef6c66683059b0.jpg

on the sill, the seal goes from the A-pillar to the rear of the door frame but does not cross to the cab sill:

large.sm51DODGEdoorSeal5.jpg.d00041cb87169044fe3aad0b4e1d8f04.jpg

on the door, the seal goes from above the vent window, between the hinges, to the bottom of the door:

large.sm51DODGEdoorSeal2.jpg.84f1f807f0f27dd49048ac66dc2f8d68.jpg

large.sm51DODGEdoorSeal3.jpg.8eb5055b390f453c9335593494e152a6.jpg

large.sm51DODGEdoorSeal4.jpg.7f0f5c66e61e3d13d2df113fb37ffed4.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures
  • Like 1

Thanks JB. My seals came fron Roberts. I called them and was informed that: they have two seal styles which are attached differently. For The style I have the seal is attached only to the door.

• 5 years later...

Well this is most informative, and I admit a bit confusing. Seems there are several ways its been done. So thanks for all the input.

The kit I received came in 3 pieces, one is the for lack of a better word fluted with a square body that attaches and a lip if you will that seals against the opposite part. This piece is long enough to go from all the way around the door save the bottom.

The second piece is for the bottom and is rounded and pinched in the body area.

The third as I remember is rectangular about 3/4 to 1" and is also quite long.

Cheers.

• 2 years later...
On 8/4/2020 at 10:17 PM, jonkmahl said:

Well this is most informative, and I admit a bit confusing. Seems there are several ways its been done. So thanks for all the input.

The kit I received came in 3 pieces, one is the for lack of a better word fluted with a square body that attaches and a lip if you will that seals against the opposite part. This piece is long enough to go from all the way around the door save the bottom.

The second piece is for the bottom and is rounded and pinched in the body area.

The third as I remember is rectangular about 3/4 to 1" and is also quite long.

Cheers.

The seals will require some trimming, just because they come as long as they do, doesn't mean they are the "right" length.  Look at the pics and vids posted here and make your mind up for you and get it done.  :)