1950 DODGE CORONET D30 OR D42 GRILLE ON D24

mlozier76

Let me start off by saying, that I really love my Dodge...But I really don't care much for the front girlle.  I don't want to destroy what I do have on it because I want to keep all the original parts available to me if I decide to go back to stock.  I was wondering if anybody had tried to put a grille from a 1950 Coronet or the 1949 Dodge Wayfarer on the 1948 D24.   I really don't want to stray too much from the badge, but do know that I am probably going to modify at some point.  I do like the the looks of my car better with a fulton visor as original, and will definitely be sporting one as I believe it detracts from the milk crate grille.  I'm not trying to offend, I just think its a little too uninspired for my liking.  The Wayfarers that I've seen are much better, in my opinion.

your call..anyone knowing it is a D24 may not look at it in the same light as you and curl the upper lip a bit..guess the first place to start is to ensure the transferee is wide enough for the D24...even if it is not....from there..all is just custom work....you want it...you will find a way...else you do not really want it after all...lol

I had a friend... I say had........who had a 50 wayfarer roadster.

He didn't like it as a convertible. So he chopped off and up the roof off a nice 50 Windsor Newport hardtop and monkey welded it onto the wayfarer body.

Then he decided to put the new wafarer hardtop body on a 50 newyorker eight cylinder frame with the nose of the newyorker hooked up to the roadster hardtop.

Oh... he wasn't  done yet... he installed a 264 buick twin carb engine and 3 speed........not quite finished he said...

He added a rumble seat....cutting into the nice rust free trunk lid.

He never did finish it. Ruined a really nice rust free roadster... and a rare chrysler hardtop.

The car ended up getting scrapped 2 years ago. He lost interest and moved to portland ore. from eastern oregon.

Poor old wayfarer roadster :(

Life goes on :confused: