Universal Joints on a 48

Dajudge

So in my looking it appears the 48 and 49 pilot house truck's U Joints are made of gold. :)

Is there a good replacement for this?  I just need a front as my rear is a Ford and I believe I can find that at Napa.

Thanks

Part two:  Are the front and rear the same? I have the 49 as our personal junk yard.  Maybe one or both of those are usable.

Edited by Dajudge

Part two:  Are the front and rear the same? I have the 49 as our personal junk yard.  Maybe one or both of those are usable.

I love the internet...I found something that might fit...not sure if the 1948 is any different than the 1950...wish I had one of those interchange catalogs...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351002544611?lpid=82&chn=ps

Just throwing it out there....

MikeC

Here are some of the old joints used on the 1948-52 Mopar cars and trucks...... Cleveland ect showing a 1 ton joint too.....

All of them are hard to find now days..

post-302-0-46971400-1423200005_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

JBNeal, thank you. Those look like what I need. The price is right too. Until now the only ones I found were in the $250 range for a pair. I'm ordering them in the morning. Thanks

Please let us know how they fit.

I've never heard of The Mopar Mall. Thanks for posting that, Brian.

Merle

sadly noting 1 ton or larger....  :(

Is the MoPar Mall real?  I've seen it before...

Just seems like a kinda odd site. :huh:

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

It is Atlas Obsolete Motor Parts, in California.

They say MoparMall.com is their new site. 

Atlas Obsolete MOtorPARts, Inc.
41745 Elm Street suite 103
Murrieta, CA 92562

Fax: (951) 461-9220

I'll let you guys know.
Edited by Dajudge

It is Atlas Obsolete Motor Parts, in California.

They say MoparMall.com is their new site. 

Atlas Obsolete MOtorPARts, Inc.
41745 Elm Street suite 103
Murrieta, CA 92562

Fax: (951) 461-9220

I'll let you guys know.

ah...I've gotten stuff from them before, they seem to be a ok company.

The '48 & '49 (and maybe early '50) used p/n 1238415; the Cleveland-type universal joint has lock plates similar to the ones at Mopar Mall. :cool:

I was so excited to find these, I ordered 8 a week ago. I just got a call from Atlas. They found they had zero of them. My refund is in process. Thought I had a lifetime supply, guess not.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I just ordered a set from Roberts, $ 165.00 shipped. Let you know how it goes. Pricey suckers ! But the truck is dead or a flower pot without them.

22 hours ago, RodFru2u said:

I just ordered a set from Roberts, $ 165.00 shipped. Let you know how it goes. Pricey suckers ! But the truck is dead or a flower pot without them.

If it's $165 for a pair you have a deal. The last one I got, 3-4 years ago, was $95 for one. I haven't found any more.

Yeah, Thought it was too good to be true, Found it @ Roberts online called to make sure. I have not checked mail today but was only ordered yesterday morning along with a gas tank sealing kit from Bill Hirsch for another project; Nice when extra cash  come in and the bills are paid. I will keep ya informed.

Update:  I ordered the Cleveland style universal joints  from Roberts Motor Parts.  Part# T389  needed two (2) front & rear. Both sets came with new bolts, locking tab tips and new matching knurled holders. I placed the order 6 am Tuesday  California time, They showed up @ noon today ( Friday ). Took 2 hours to install them, cleaned up and back in the wind before 5 pm LA traffic I'd say a perfect replacement part.

Edited by RodFru2u
order date
  • Like 1