Why did you buy your Pilot house/So how did you get started with the old Dodge trucks?

Had a couple a-body projects, i needed more work like another hole in my head. But i was browsing kijiji and happened across this 49 later identified as a 51 Fargo. 
700 delivered. I just couldnt get over how different the box was,was so cool. Was siezed and kind of rough. When i dragged it into shop it was pouring rain, and i instantly fell in love with the wet rusty sheet metal. Runs like a top, interior ckeaned up,new windshield and a ton of other stuff done. 
not quite 18 months later and its almost ready for the road

3D438517-AE38-46E9-8C4A-32B63F90BF79.jpeg

• Like 1

I saw this truck, a '51 Dodge pickup, for sale at a car show, and had admired it when I'd seen it previously, all red and shiny with perfect wide white white walls and spotless interior and immaculate bed, but the price was ridiculously high. I saw it again six months later and made a more reasonable offer, but the owner wouldn't come down, so no deal. Another year goes by, and I see the truck and owner again and I came up a little and the owner said "sold". 

51Dodge.jpg

• Like 3

Fell into the Dodge realm as Im not a Dodge guy, but my in-laws had this on their farm for years, came from a fellow farmer who got it from Ohio at some point.  Never licensed in Iowa so that was fun...bonded titles are interesting in this state.  Didnt run when I got it but loved the look...and the price to "tactically acquire it", using a non-mufflered, gas powered skid steer that was way underpowered and a sketchy come-a-long and some friends.  Love the look of the cab drew me in while I was cleaning up their farm.

IMG_3015.JPG

FYI this was about 60 seconds from the right front tire blowing out...that is the tire tube you see expanded there...it was deep in some mud

Edited by Lingle
  • Like 2