A Rare Winter Ride in the D24

linus6948

50 Degrees and Sunny with dry clear roads on Dec 27th forced me to wake her from her "Winter Hibernation" for an afternoon outing. I think we both enjoyed it immensely and I was out till after dark not wanting the fun to end. Today is 40 and raining and back to the teens by Tues night, but it sure was a nice break while it lasted.

post-4221-0-83367700-1419774542_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-28265900-1419774547_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I know the feeling, I had my Plymouth out a few days before Christmas, makes winter seem shorter doesn't it.

I had wanted to take the Plymouth out again yesterday, but I am unable to drive right now, slipped and fell down the slippery steps Christmas Eve, sprained my right ankle, darned old fool  LOL.  Who knows, maybe by the end of the week.  No snow in the forcast

• Like 2

Yes well put, it did take a little of the sting out of Winter and make it seem a little shorter. Certainly better than last year when it was like "Ice Station Zebra" around here for months. Feel better and take care of that ankle, a little liniment around 100proof taken orally usually helps.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like winter has hit on the right coast. It was in the low 40's this morning here in So. Cal. & took the motorcycle for a spin.......chilly, but fun.

Edited by deathbound
  • Like 2

Glad you got the old girl out. I'll bet it was a lot of fun! Thanks for posting.

It will likely be a few months yet for me. Sometimes the roads end up being dry but they put so much grit and chemicals down I don't want to lose a windshield or get the paint too beat up. When windy, which it can be very often in my part of the world, it is sometimes like driving through a sandblaster. I leave that for the everyday vehicles.

One thing I don't understand is those people who live where it is decent weather most of the year and yet they let their cars sit and never drive them. Makes no sense to me. During spring, summer, and fall when the weather is decent, I have an old car out virtually every day.

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 2

Nice to see you got the car out. It has been quite warm these past few days up here in the great north east. Its nice but kind of strange considering its the end of December. 

-Chris 

• Like 2

When you have to shovel snow first, driving the car becomes a more engaging experience.  :P

It's so much easier to drive somewhere here, than most places I've lived.  It's not such an adventure. The car becomes an appliance. Everybody has one.  Ho Hum...

In Duluth, winter driving was for the brave!

Baudette Mn was easier, but lonely driving out on the Muskeg.

The Wassatch Front was insane. I'm no longer into insanity.

I live in the free-parking capitol of California. Gas is high, but it's still heaven.

Edited by Ulu
  • Like 1

I had wanted to take the Plymouth out again yesterday, but I am unable to drive right now, slipped and fell down the slippery steps Christmas Eve, sprained my right ankle, darned old fool  LOL.  Who knows, maybe by the end of the week.  No snow in the forcast

Ouch!

Hope you are doing better.

• Like 1

Lucky, lucky Bob. Looks like a great day. Thanks for posting. Was Cooper riding shot gun today or not?

Way too much ice, grit, chemicals on the roads here to be able to get out. I will have to live vicariously through you.

• Like 1