The Plymouth Doctor

jrhoads

The line card on their site for Olds and Pontiac partis is the same as the Plymouth part line card I got from the Plymouth doctor. And the rocker panels inner and outer and the sill plates that I bought were very well made.

Yes, Wayne is the middle man....and even if the supplier is holding things up, Wayne took the money and has not responded to ANY of my recent emails or phone calls asking for an update on my 2 month old order.

Yes, Wayne is the middle man....and even if the supplier is holding things up, Wayne took the money and has not responded to ANY of my recent emails or phone calls asking for an update on my 2 month old order.

He is the middle man/seller/point of sale contact & customer service falls on him 100%. Please report any updates.

There is an Aussie over on the Hamb doing some great work on a 47 Chrysler. He has some great looking new floor pans so I asked of his supplier.  Follow the work here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/47-chrysler-3-window-adding-complexity.974050/

Up-date...all tin work has been done in house......

Edited by wayfarer

Phoned Plymouth doctor to see if he had any floor panels for my 47 3 window.  He has the front extensions only.  He can get them if I send in my floor as a pattern.  The address to send it to is Kempf's Rod and Restoration.  When I called Kempf's last week his floor extensions were $60 higher then Plymouth Doctor's.  Must be a big discount for volume.

I called Kemps and spoke to Dan. Had a great conversation, and I am impressed with his communication, knowledge, and parts available for these cars. I also found out he has his own issues with PD, and sounds like he wants to resolve the rear extension issue i had with Wayne. More to come if i order panels from Kemps, but at least hes willing to talk and provide proper service.

I finally got a return call from Wayne yesterday, and he informed me he has more than one supplier for the parts he sells. After my phone conversation with him, it doesn't sound like Kemps is the one behind the poor service, but Wayne himself or the other supplier. Kemps has been great to talk to and very understanding of the situation, and even willing to help resolve. Thumbs up in my book.

• Like 1

Received more info from Kemps.  Sounds like they are not the company that produced my incorrect rockers, but they do have panels available for 49-52 Plymouth cars and Suburbans.  Here is a link to their eBay store... 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sandy1929waterfront/m.html?item=271763001669&hash=item3f46565145&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Dan has been very resourceful and helpful in resolving the issues I was having with PD.  If you are looking for sheet metal for your 49-52, I'd give Kemps a call.

• 4 years later...

Has anyone heard from the Plymouth doctor lately?

My 49 P15C is only waiting his parts to weld on and then ready for paint.

His voice mail box is full, I've talked to a few guys that have not been able to contact him.