Fun with NOS Parts

I don't have anything that's NOS.  My truck doesn't even have much that's S.  The rear corner glass and rear window are S yet and will go back in that way.  Pretty much everything else has had something done to it that didn't come the way the factory did it.

Wow Ed!

Share some shots of these great parts??

Here's what I could find so far.

NOS Desoto clock

DSC01079.jpg

P15 Deluxe fender badge

DSC00915.jpg

Some P23 NOS fender "shirts" I purchased quite cheaply on ebay. Eventually decided I wasn't going to used them and sold them I think within the forum.

DSC02125.jpg

Here's the 39-47 Dodge truck mirror

IMAG0358.jpg

My P15 fender badges

DSC00760.jpg

All I found for now.

NOSpart:

The NOS 51-53 steering wheel I saw on eBay in 2010 was still in its original box, but the dunderhead seller slapped a UPS label and some packaging tape on that gem of a box & it survived transit in not as good as condition as advertised, which was quite disappointing as it could have made for a nice display item...the steering wheel still has the cosmoline applied and some slight shelf wear (probably from rattling around in the box on the way from over yonder) :cool:

post-2888-0-87061500-1417200481_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-41697400-1417200501_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information
  • Like 2

Jerry,

That's got to be close to the best if not best NOS parts i've ever seen!

I bought an NOS trunk handle complete on Ebay for my 50 4 dr. Ply. several years ago for just over $200 that was in fantastic condition with no shelf wear, did not want to spend that kind of money but had been unable for a year to find a driver quality to use, Nicest part of the entire car!

Your parts are fit for the best of the best, hence the price which is understandable, where else ya going to find sometime like it!

Love to have them to put on my 50. But the car would have 3 parts (truck handle and the 2 backup lights) on just the backside worth about 1/10 the sale value of the whole car!  :huh:

DJ

Edited by DJ194950

Jerry,

That's got to be close to the best if not best NOS parts i've ever seen!

I bought an NOS trunk handle complete on Ebay for my 50 4 dr. Ply. several years ago for just over $200 that was in fantastic condition with no shelf wear, did not want to spend that kind of money but had been unable for a year to find a driver quality to use, Nicest part of the entire car!

Your parts are fit for the best of the best, hence the price which is understandable, where else ya going to find sometime like it!

Love to have them to put on my 50. But the car would have 3 parts (truck handle and the 2 backup lights) on just the backside worth about 1/10 the sale value of the whole car!  :huh:

DJ

Thanks Doug , If they sell , I won't be making much $ on them though , as my cost was high too . I have two pair of these beauties with boxes and another pair without the boxes and  I haven't figured out yet if the third pair is NOS or not . 

Edited by Jerry Roberts

• 2 weeks later...

I am restoring my under dash ashtray- photo is below.  I still need to paint in the letters on the knob.

But,,, there is an ashtray currently on Ebay that the seller claims to be NOS.

I have no affiliation with the seller, just thought someone here might appreciate the item.

If your interested, it is Ebay number 400355387438.

Again, the photo below is of mine I am restoring, the NOS one is on Ebay and I have no affiliation whatsoever.

Paul

post-7134-0-47149800-1418325185_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think the old saying is something like "Even a blind squirl gets lucky once in a while."

Well, I must be a blind squirl.  Very dirty box, but inside it I found pure beauty.  Box is cleaned in the photos.  It was covered in brake dust from an old shop.  As in like 50 plus years of brake dust.  If I touch the box any more, it will be in a zillion pieces.

However, the contents were/are fantastic!

Didn't get the full foot pump assembly, but all other pieces were still in the box.

Smiling today!

Paul

post-7134-0-58327000-1423756672_thumb.jpg

post-7134-0-76787000-1423756681_thumb.jpg

post-7134-0-24883000-1423756693_thumb.jpg

post-7134-0-62918000-1423756700_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank Young Ed for helping me complete my Mopar windshield washer system.  The parts shown in my post above were NOS, but the kit was not complete.  It was missing the pedal that goes on the floor and the squeeze bulb/football shaped housing that goes beneath the floor.  Ed to the rescue!  He sold me the parts I needed, and with some cleaning they are now quite usable.

Thanks Ed!

Photo attached.

Paul

post-7134-0-60803300-1425931718_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul Hatfield
  • Like 2

I received a couple of questions off line about the foot pump.  Attached photo shows what it looks like taken apart.  There is a simple rubber squeeze bulb inside of the aluminum football container.  When the foot pedal is pressed it compresses the squeeze bulb and forces fluid up to the nozzles for the windshield.  

Hope this is helpful to others.

Paul

post-7134-0-75644500-1426196218_thumb.jpg

very nice add-on!

NOSpart:

this manifold heat control package was one of my 1st eBay purchases back in '98 and I had the contraption installed...however, after further review, I'll be carefully removing this soon as I prefer not to drive the truck when the weather cools off enough for this to be useful :cool:

post-2888-0-06964100-1426717929_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info

How can you easily remove that heat riser package?

The shaft and plate should still need to be there to keep the engine exhaust quiet and to block heat from getting up to the intake hot spot! ;)