Hello all! Surging lights issue help needed

oldschool47

What a great site thanks for the add!

I have a mostly original 47 Special Deluxe I have been gradually been improving and fixing for a few months now but I have run into an unusual problem.

The car was previously converted to 12v. 35 amp alternator modified to fit properly. Car idles and runs great and gauge reads that is it charging fairly well.

All lights surge no matter the speed of the car or idle. Replaced negative cable and battery holds a charge well.

Time to rebuild the alternator? Should I pull the negative at idle and see if car dies? Should I rebuild it with a higher amperage?

Thanks!

Matt

check your grounds...I am not sure if it will help..but your regulator is seeking...odds are it will require replacement..(and yes this applies if your regulator is internal)  listing the actual altenator you used may be of greater aid in getting an answer....I am making an assumption on what most tend to use...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams