The Weinermobil comes to town

Don Coatney

Watching the news on the tube (intended pun) this morning I see the Weinermobile is in town. I commented to my wife that I would like to drive the Weinermobile but they would probably call me a Hot dog. Without blinking an eye she said I would be called a foot long. :P

attachicon.gifthroughyears.jpg

attachicon.gifweinermobile.jpg

FYI they are built here in Santa Barbara by Prototype Source

Thanks for that link to them, Next time I'm in up that way picking up parts for the MG I'll check them out for a tour.

Carlin  Mfg, a local catering truck co, built one here in Fresno in '95. My ex-boss was a manager there. Harry Bradley designed it, famous for designing Hot Wheels cars & a few customs/protos.

post-6765-0-31192100-1414953158_thumb.jpg

I am so old I can remember going with my folks to see "Little Oscar" (the original one) when I was a child. Got a couple of Wiener Whistles. Must have made an impression cause I still eat a lot of Hot Dogs.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

plymouthcranbrook, on 03 Nov 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:plymouthcranbrook, on 03 Nov 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

I am so old I can remember going with my folks to see "Little Oscar" (the original one) when I was a child. Got a couple of Wiener Whistles. Must have made an impression cause I still eat a lot of Hot Dogs.

I like hot dogs..but Oscar Meyer is not on the top of my list..good dogs are often hard to find...all beef is the only way to go...Sabrettes  (sp) is what I buy most often..and a chili slaw dog is the only way to devour them...you do know what they are made of right...(see movie quotes; Great Outdoors)

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I always wanted a Wiener Whistle. ;)

I just noticed the 1995 model has the same headlights as my old Pontiac Bonneville.

I wonder if they used the Bonnie taillights too?

• 7 months later...

I like hot dogs..but Oscar Meyer is not on the top of my list..good dogs are often hard to find...all beef is the only way to go...Sabrettes  (sp) is what I buy most often..and a chili slaw dog is the only way to devour them...you do know what they are made of right...(see movie quotes; Great Outdoors)

Vienna All Beef is the best around here. And costs the most. Still if I am going to eat cased meat I want one that really tastes good.

Vienna All Beef is the best around here. And costs the most. Still if I am going to eat cased meat I want one that really tastes good.

all beef is the first tip off to a decent dog....chicken and pork..get real...same with bologna..get the beef..and brats...Johnsonville is in my book not up to par...Primo beats them..but..finding someone who stocks Primo..borders on impossible..but you can get all the other sausages in Primo brand..just seem J-ville has the south in brats..I guess it pays to flood the market with advertising..