Nick names:

pflaming

I read a post to my wife which had 'PP" in it. She asked why, when told she said, "I still think it is gross and I want you to change that!"

So from hence forth I will not respond in anyway to the tag PP! Case closed.

Seems at a time not to long ago You used this nick name?

What does your wife object to the multiple names added later to the PP?

• Like 1

Nicknames can be interpreted as somewhat friendly or insulting .I had a best bud in school who was 1st generation Italian ...AIthough I never did - he jokingly often referred to himself as a WOP .I remember him as a great guy.Depends on the relationship between individuals .imho  :) 

Edited by Ralph D25cpe

I was given the name "C-Bob" from 2 club members ,, A- Jim & his brother

B-Bob ...my wife almost got me the name choines..

I hear ya Paul. 

The race class my truck falls into: B/PP  

B = 400 ci to 450ci  

PP = Production Pick-up 

Just doesn't sound great sometimes...lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this moment on, I will call you:  Burnish Bloom    

"burnish" is to shine

"bloom" as in a state of achievement, can also refer to a bar of steel or a type of finish 

48D

I hear ya Paul. 

The race class my truck falls into: B/PP  

B = 400 ci to 450ci  

PP = Production Pick-up 

Just doesn't sound great sometimes...lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From this moment on, I will call you:  Burnish Bloom    

"burnish" is to shine

"bloom" as in a state of achievement, can also refer to a bar of steel or a type of finish 

48D

Oh no that won't work she might think he's promoting BB gun violence!

When I was a high school freshman I got tagged, by my older brother, with the nn "Slime" and it stuck through HS.  Then I did not have the personal courage to say "enough".  So to me the "PP" falls into that category, my wife's comment is not the base of my dislike for dual meaning nick names. I have never considered the tag to be personal with any forum member so that is not an issue with m

After a meaningful conversation with Plymouthy this morning, if "PP" works for you, I'm OK with that. It does tie me into the out of the box interest in patina finishes, what ever patina means which is very nebulous.

This hobby and this forum to me are inseparable, so w/o further comment, whatever works for you, works for me. Now it's time to go wrenching, I've got a lot of work to do. 

Paul;  AKA "PP";  AKA "Patina Paul". 

My last name is gonya or gagnon, as folks from the great white north might say.

In high school I got tagged as gonoreha. I always responded it was nothing to clap about. To this day

I thank JimHenson for creating and featuring Gonzo on the Muppets. Much more appropriate and easier to deal with.

Gonzo is one of my favorite Muppets...along with Rizzo the Rat as his sidekick in The Muppets Christmas Carol..it is the best combination of characters and by far the best rendition of Christmas Carol...long live the muppets...and Greg..you have surely been called worse as you shared...lol

• Like 1