Drive-in speakers

busycoupe

Some years ago a friend had given me a pair of drive in speakers.  I used them in our game room for several years, then they were relegated to the attic.  About a month ago I thought that they might be fun to use with the car at shows and cruises.  I had the speakers, but not the pole to hang them on.  After a short search, I found a place online (Detroit Diecast) that sells speakers and parts and ordered the cast metal box that the speakers hang on at the top of the post.  I then made a post out of PVC pipe and a deck table umbrella stand. 

At a local car show today the speakers looked great and many people got a kick out of seeing them.  One guy said that his first job had been working for his uncle cleaning up the drive-in parking lot each morning in the summer.  Another guy explained to his grand daughter what the speakers were for.  Lots of people got a good chuckle. 

All part of the fun of having an old Mopar!

Dave

post-458-0-38696500-1412452451_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-69644000-1412452481_thumb.jpg

• Like 5