Heater to Defroster duct hose

Don Coatney

Don: is this the black  colapasble fabic hose that has the metal coil in the hose?  If so I think this is just a standard hose that you should beable to get at any good parts store  Looks like a black slinkee but covered with black material.

Is this the hose that goes from the heater up to the two defroster nossels?

Rich HArtung

Don: is this the black  colapasble fabic hose that has the metal coil in the hose?  If so I think this is just a standard hose that you should beable to get at any good parts store  Looks like a black slinkee but covered with black material.

Is this the hose that goes from the heater up to the two defroster nossels?

Rich HArtung

Yes to the slinky design. My hose is so far gone that color is not visible.

I got mine at NAPA. Just told them the diameter I needed.

NAPA on line did not list this hose. I will head to a store and see what they have. Roberts and Burnbaums was a no go.

I dug a bit deeper and discovered a prior owner made a half fast attempt at incorporating a hunk or PVC to connect the heater duct to the defroster. I believe I have all the parts to do this the right way if I can find some flexible slinky hose of the correct size.

P9230001_01.jpg

Canada ,,Indiana ,,it must get a little chilly up there ...we love winter here .. cold is 40deg ... Only use defroster to knock fog off Windows ..sure could use air conditioning for most of year .. I have family in Canada ,,Chicago,, and Washington state ...tried it for a winter ,,, way too cold ... do these cars work in that cold of weather ??.. I know that my 63 chevy carryall suburban ,, was like a refrigerator ,,froze near to death....

When you install it make sure your bat. Is discon'ed. The metal spiral can cause unplanned grounds if it should contact ign. off powered items. Also when installed, assure the spiral is fastened away from any potential contact with items like gauge terminals, and other electrical connections. By the way if you have the footwall mounted heater, connecting the defroster is pretty much a futile exercise, as since the heater has no fresh air source, it only recirculates the damp cabin air back on the windshield. Running with the cowl vent open some helps, but is kinda self defeating as far as heating is concerned.

Thanks Ed. I will pursue. Clicking on the add to cart does not work so I will try a phone call.

Any aircraft supply house can supply the ducting. Try Aircraftspruce.com or Wicks Aircraft Supply. You are looking for SCAT or CAT or CEET tubing/ducting. They differ in heat ratings and plies.

Edited by jeffsunzeri