Fun With Firewood

linus6948

Getting tired of splitting wood, will hopefully be done this week, acorns are falling in the forest like rain which the "old timers" say means a bad winter is coming.

post-4221-0-50912100-1412121367_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-87343800-1412121371_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-30867900-1412121462_thumb.jpg

More acorns falling means more firewood needed?  Your current pile would last the rest of My life with our Ca. restricted burn days. MUST use the pellets? to use on no burn days! Love a natural wood fire in fireplace in the living room. Grew up with that ever winter night!

Hope you have the time to keep splitting wood!  :(

DJ

• Like 1

More acorns falling means more firewood needed?  Your current pile would last the rest of My life with our Ca. restricted burn days. MUST use the pellets? to use on no burn days! Love a natural wood fire in fireplace in the living room. Grew up with that ever winter night!

Hope you have the time to keep splitting wood!  :(

DJ

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pics, then read your post. Not because of restricted burn days, but because it doesn't get that cold very often where I live.

Unfortunately here in the mountains of NE PA the first snow usually occurs in October and we sometimes have April blizzards, there can be months when it looks like "Ice Station Zebra" around here. That`s when plowing the driveway takes over as my next hobby, keeping me pretty busy.

post-4221-0-15739000-1412176053_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-35934700-1412176055_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-63386700-1412176060_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow ,,, plowing a driveway ,,snowshovels,, splitting wood,, things that made my dad leave Chicago

58 years ago ..spent a winter in Washington state ONCE....I'll stay in the southwest from now on ....

• Like 1