Turkey Spotting in a D24 Coupe

linus6948

nah..just watched them move from the old food on the lot to the newest food placed for them...rest was a reasonable deduction..much like that of any animal behaviorist as seen on natural programs or any other scientific study that say dinosaur was predisposed to eating X food based on mouth shape..stature (what can they reach) etc etc

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Suppose that wolf/coyote if marinated and BBQ will taste like dog?

Way too many societies end them!

I love dogs. Just not enough yard space for the German Sheppard dogs I've loved for years. Have had 3.

Not a lover of the predator species though as they eat dogs!

Armadillos are Paul's specialty, need to consult him.

DJ

• Like 1

Well this evening I took a ride in the coupe and I encountered a Mother Black Bear and her 3 Cubs, this same female had triplets last year too.

post-4221-0-44943800-1407372222_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-19040000-1407372245_thumb.jpg

post-4221-0-03358800-1407372285_thumb.jpg

squirrels = tree rats...them little critters top the list on most useless vermin allowed to live...I hate them with a passion and they are the very reason as they destroy everything in their path...and for no good reason but to keep their ever growing teeth in check..they only cute when falling off a limb...

• Like 1

They are such a problem in PA Frank that you can hunt them 24hrs a day, 7 days a week and you can hunt them over bait and use spotlights, basically anything goes and the Coyote population continues to steadily grow.

Like some places on the east coast in the 80-90's...oh don't shoot the deer they are vital.....20 years later they hand out doe permits left and right just to get the population back down

I'm told bears are becoming a nuisance in PA.  I know they are in the Poconos, we have a couple of friends there that complain about them all the time.  I almost hit one in NJ last week, too.  There are a lot of turkey around here, but they're not a PIA yet.  Deer are a problem, way over populated.  They mowed down our garden again this year and have killed several maple trees I had planted.

The Black Bears are becoming such a problem around me that the state of PA is allowing a second 5 day hunting season in this WMU/wildlife management unit where I live. The real problem is very few hunters are going out for Black Bear nowadays. Most guys I ask say it`s too much of a PITA to hunt them and you can`t even give the meat away as very few people will eat it and even the programs that feed the hungry that accept Deer meat don`t want Bear meat.

The state of PA forbids the use of dogs,lures and bait in hunting Bear so getting one even if you go out for Black Bear it is more chance luck that you even see one, they seem to disappear completely during the few days you are allowed to hunt them.

Lucy and Cuffy the trained bears. In this photo are 2 of my great Uncles TJ Coatney and CE Coatney. One winter sometime around 1880 they left these bears in the barn loft in Indiana and vacationed in Texas leaving my G Grandmother Arminda Coatney to care for them. The letter below the picture was written by my Grandfather BH Coatney in 1894.

bears.jpg

BentoABC1.jpg

BentoABC2.jpg

• Like 1