What would you do?? - 52 COE Project

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, I would pull the plugs and put oil in the cylinders,using a hose to get the oil onto the Pistons. Just because engine turns now doesn't mean it will in two years when you start on it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Enjoyed re-reading this thread......

I know Joe will update someday,.... but nothing like that moment when you park a new project for the first time.  

48D

On 6/21/2019 at 8:20 PM, 48Dodger said:

Enjoyed re-reading this thread......

I know Joe will update someday,.... but nothing like that moment when you park a new project for the first time.  

48D

On 6/22/2019 at 10:03 AM, Dodgeed said:

I just came across this thread, and read from beginning to end. Great story, and love the pictures. Hopefully, we'll get to see an update now, and more pictures. ?

9 hours ago, Matt Wilson said:

I also enjoyed reading this for the first time this evening.  Looking forward to updates, although I realize they may still be a ways off.

Lol, I'm surprised this thread came back to life! I think about this truck ALL the time. I am working towards finding a new house with a larger garage so I can tackle this project, but the main reason for a bigger house is the addition of our baby boy. He's 5 1/2 months old now, and he is taking up half of the house! We're rapidly out growing our house and if we're going to move, I'm going to make sure that I have adequate space for all the vehicles plus space to work on a project. Once we get through the process of getting settled somewhere else, the COE is first on the list! I'm hoping it's sooner than later! I'm trying to get our boy up to speed in the garage, but all he wants to do is spectate and hold a wrench! 

2.jpg

Edited by 52b3b Joe
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

That kid will come in handy down the road. I use my boy for the upside down and underneath something jobs. He's 25 now - time flies! 

20190627071733-adb4ab91-2s.jpg

I know you'll enjoy every minute of fatherhood. Well, maybe not "every" minute, but a lot of minutes for sure and especially those minutes when your right side up watching work get done on the truck!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

my next move, everything will fit in a 6 foot box....

I was thinking more of a baggie for me

• 3 months later...

Well, I thought I'd give a small update on the COE. Progress towards starting on the COE project has made a huge leap in the right direction. My wife and I are in the process of buying a new house that is very equipped to handle my hobby needs! We're buying a nice house in the county with no neighbors to speak of, more than enough land (more grass than I wanted), a stick built 30x50 shop, and a 40x60 pole barn. I have no idea how I'm going to fill up the pole barn, but I'm sure I'll figure it out in no time! The current owners were nice enough to let me park it there until they move out, so I was able to take the COE there this past weekend. It's still going to be difficult to find time to work on it with our baby, but it'll get there eventually. 

1.jpg

• Like 5

that is great news Joe! take your time and get life in order.

take it from a self proclaimed lazy hobby farmer......... get a couple goats :D

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 2:09 PM, ggdad1951 said:

COOL!  You just need a lawnmower like mine now!  Trust me, you'll find a way to fill it all!

I have a 1953 John Deere 50, but I don't want to make a career out of mowing! I plan on buying some sort of commercial 60" zero turn. 

• 52b3b Joe changed the title to What would you do?? - 52 COE Project