P15 coupe with a little different look.........

BobT-47P15

This is on eBay currently - and at first glance I thought "why does this one look different"?

Well......they have removed the stainless trim from the front fenders and sides.....but left

the rest.  Plus, it's two toned.   And, the bumpers painted.  Not the worst look I've ever seen, but not the best either.  Oh......says it has a Mopar V8 with automatic, tilt column and bucket seats......

I personally prefer the side trim to be in place.  Just posting for your viewing pleasure

(or displeasure).

_571-1.jpg

_571.jpg

_573.jpg

Paint the fender skirts like the bottom color, put nice chrome bumpers on, lux rings on the rims, and do a bit of pinstripig and I could like the result. Yes the SS side trim would visually extend the look. 

• Like 1

to my eye these cars are quite large and the trim is needed to break up the body and define the rather plain look about the cars...I have one here that is shaved and am not sure I am going to finish the car in that manner...for certain that large a vehicle and no trim it will have to be a lighter color with no two toning involved...the cut line needs defining....the gas door is also a feature I am not fond of on the older cars that are not full customized in all aspects..just does not fit with the pretty much all stock look...the skirts..eeeh..needs body color with a possible accent trim along the lower edge..the wheels are nicely done to match the body and the use of a trim ring would further make thses snap..I would have done the jambs a bit different with the accent on the two tones..interior upgrades and power plant...fine with me..cream matches the dark red nicely as would the gray  but the use of the three sorta clashes..

A note of interest. One could fix this car. Paint the fender skirts or just remove them, put the side trim back on, different bumpers, lux rings, and paint that rocker bottom strip to match the yellow or put on a nice chrome one and it would look like a different car. He has an interesting taste but he hasn't really hurt the car. IMHO

• Like 1

It is definitely different in looks from my coupe. I too like a lot of chrome trim as I think it makes the car look 100% better all around but then there is the cleaning and polishing and all the work removing water spots. When I first looked at the picture I thought that the body had be chopped or it looked to be shortened but with a closer look I see that there was trim missing. I don't care to much for the two different colors that was on the car nor do I like the finder skirts hiding the back wheels and tires. Just my option I like the wheels showing in the finder wells and not covered up but then again that is just me and my two cents worth. 

And what's with painting the bumpers? Now that to me looks tacky but again we all don't think alike on what we think looks good or we don't all have good taste. 

I do however like the gas filler door on the car explicitly if it is a locking one. I have this fear that some one is going to take my gas cap off and put rocks or sugar down in the tank like my little grandson or some other kid or heck even some adult that I have made mad just to get even with me. 

I would guess the bumpers were painted because they probably needed to be re-chromed due to age and wear.

It cost me about $300 a few years ago to have my rear bumper redone........and about $400 earlier this year to

have the front re-chromed.  That does not include the guards as I have all n o s ones.  So, the expense to do

all is probably why some folks paint the bumpers.  

I agree that all the stainless trim could be re-installed for a more original look.

Oh.....did you notice that there are no door handles or locks?????

post-6645-0-20587200-1406868565_thumb.jpg

I removed the side trim on my front fenders for the exact reason that most prefer it, so as to make that big old fender look even bigger...so as NOT to break it up. ?? I personally wanted to emphasize just how big, bulbous, giant that fender is. !!

That P15 isn't a bad looking car, I like it for what it is, and it could be changed just a little to suit most person's taste, as mentioned. I do think it's a good example of as far as one should go with these old girls, generally speaking. Kind of a good blend of the old, and some of the modern hot rod, kustom trends.

k.

• Like 1

Don Coatney, on 31 Jul 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

With no door handles why would one need locks???

good question..my shave car without handles also has door locks along with the solenoids and poppers for opening the door..IF you use the right bear claws from the right car...you can lock it with the windows down and inside handle exposed and YET the door cannot be opened without the correct bypass procedure..if the car is at a cruise with the glass down,  the door opening is defeated..

BobT-47P15, on 01 Aug 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

Sometimes a lock is needed to keep idiots from sitting in your vehicle at a show or event.  

yes..and the more people in America breed the more the kids and parents seem to think they are entitled to do whatever they want when they want....bulletion..I do not care squat for your snotty nosed brat kid...that will not earn me favors here..but it will spread the truth

yes..and the more people in America breed the more the kids and parents seem to think they are entitled to do whatever they want when they want....bulletion..I do not care squat for your snotty nosed brat kid...that will not earn me favors here..but it will spread the truth

It's defiantly in the training and some parents didn't read the fine print in the contract. My daughters know how to behave at a car show (demonstrated in this pic)

As for the car I like it but it needs chrome bumpers. 

post-2834-0-43572600-1406941424_thumb.jpg

Edited by 40plyrod