Oil pressure guage flexible line to engine

Frank Blackstone

In the Parts Cross reference list there use to be a NAPA number. This number  referenced  replacing the flexible line between the hard line comming out of the engine and the hard line going through the fire wall to the oil pressure guage in the dash.  I went through the list seveal times, yes Coatney even at 100% maginification , and could find nothing.  Did I mis my change to replace this line.? Frank

In the Parts Cross reference list there use to be a NAPA number. This number  referenced  replacing the flexible line between the hard line comming out of the engine and the hard line going through the fire wall to the oil pressure guage in the dash.  I went through the list seveal times, yes Coatney even at 100% maginification , and could find nothing.  Did I mis my change to replace this line.? Frank

See http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group10#10-05-19

I took my old one to a place that makes up hydraulic lines. Ten minutes and ten dollars later I had a brand new reasonable facsimile.

The above link is for what is basically a brake line but there is a caution against using it with petroleum products. I'd follow greg g's advice and get a custom made one from a local place that makes up hydraulic lines.

Frank; No you do not need new glasses. But some of them drugs you dispense might help :)

As Greg said go to a place that makes and sells hydraulic hoses. Carry your old one in and have then duplicate it.

Good to see you posting again. One of these days we need to get together.

Here is a photo of a similar hose to the Plymouth hose, I took off a 1992 Mazda pickup truck.june07006.jpg

Wouldn't that hose from a Mazda pickup have metric threads  ?    I spent half a day going from shop to shop looking where they make hydraulic lines and there wasn't anyplace that could or would make one . I ended up buying one off ebay . 

Thank you gentlemen and you too Coatney.  I thought of dragging the hose around to a shop that would make one. Great Minds.I will try that and Ebay since I do not know of a specific shop.  
Leave it to Don to have a picture handy even if it is out of date.  At least I still have the car.
Tomorrow there is a vintage plane fly in and antique car drive in at the Springfield, Ohio airport. Pancakes start at 8 AM. Should be a hoot. Maybe I can get some time in my logbook flying in the barnstorming biplane. Springfield Airpark is sort of famous now for training drone pilots? and civiliian building drones.  Keep 'em Flying, Frank.

Wouldn't that hose from a Mazda pickup have metric threads  ?    I spent half a day going from shop to shop looking where they make hydraulic lines and there wasn't anyplace that could or would make one . I ended up buying one off ebay .

I believe the Mazda hose did have metric threads. I had to run new hard lines anyway, so worked out ok....

I would not trust the quality of ebay or other rubber lines that are over 50 years old, with 40psi of pressure.

I never even thought of this line before.  After reading this post I decided to check the line on my car.  I was surprised to find that I did not have a flexible line in the tube to the oil gauge.  There is a short section of pipe, perhaps some previous owner replaced the rubber line at some point.  I have owned the car for 7 years and drive 500 to 1000 mi/yr and have never had any trouble with this.  The oil gauge works fine also.  There must be enough flex in the line to allow for the slight vibration of the engine.  It probably should be re-plumbed at some point using a rubber flexible line.  Do any other cars have solid oil lines?  My car is 48 D24.

post-458-0-54336800-1405791560_thumb.jpg

Good source for hydraulic lines is any place that sells large construction equipment - backhoes, excavators etc.  They all use hydraulics and can make any hose fit anything.  the local Catapillar (sp?) place made lines for my boat with a metric fitting on one end (Volvo) and a Pipe thread on the other.  Cost about $40 for 2 hoses.