My 54 Belvedere is now in MA

moose

A few weeks ago I happened to check the HAMB classified ads, and saw there was a transporter in Texas looking for a fare to bring northeast.  I called him and set up the details.  A week later it was at my house. :)

There is a lot to do to it before I can drive it again, poor thing has been sitting 15+ years, but it's in great shape.  I got it cleaned up, and running within a couple of days.  Had to put in a new electric fuel pump, and run through the ignition, clean out the carburetors, and such.  Still need to do the brakes, too.  But man, oh man, just have a look:

post-681-0-13442800-1403035471_thumb.jpg

post-681-0-17870200-1403035485_thumb.jpg

post-681-0-03948100-1403035499_thumb.jpg

post-681-0-53110000-1403035512_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Carburetors??????....how many?........lol.....engine pic please.......it sounds bog stock....NOT!......neat car......how long have you had it?.......info,info,pics,......lol..........andyd

Thanks guys, I've owned the car since my junior year in high school.  25 years!  Three carbs, Mikuni 34mm side draft from a 750 Kawasaki, on a long run intake, and straight down headers.  First set-up I built, about 22 years ago.  I don't have pictures right here, but there are other pics of it on this site.  I'll add some more tomorrow.

• Like 1

Three weeks is plenty of time to get it ready for a trip to Vermont! heheh

Actually was going to call and see if you'll be around this Sunday. Wanted to mate up that dual point dizzy plate and run it at your place.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, SSD said:

I know it's a old thread but what size tubing did you use 

That's 1-1/2" tube.  It just worked out to be a similar diameter to the ports and carburetors.  Works well.  I look forward to getting it out for the upcoming spring and summer!