Help identifing transmission

I need help identifying my transmission. The casting number on the case says that it's a Warner. This can't be because of the NP logo right?  The case casting number is C-38661, and the top casting number is C-39871. It has two different production dates...50' and 51'. Also there is a large 3" "S" stamped on the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to download the pictures but the file sizes were too large.  

Paul,

Any ideas what type of New Process. I do know it's a NP 4 speed spur gear...is that all the farther I can go with the model type? I didn't know it there was a model number ex. NP420, NP435, etc.

• 6 years later...

hey bud, new here, just found this site.  Wondering if you ever found out what trans you have there. I have the exact same one here too. Ive been tryin to figure out what tans this is for awhile.  My pto is on pass side too.  I have same cast numbers you have too.  My case is dated 5.29.50 and my top is dated 5.1.50 or 5.7.50  hard to tell.  Mine has that X cast into the pass side too. My case is cast with the C-38661 with a  "A 8" stamped below that.  I only have satelite internet, so cant upload pics, as I live in the hollar boonies.  Also, can you take the shifter handle out?  I cannot, the shifter handle has to be fed back through the top cap.  Thought I narrowed it down awhile back to a np420, but nope, not it.  I am wanting to buy a rebuild kit, but cant.  Maybe you had better luck.  ?

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 8:40 PM, brianjr660 said:

hey bud, new here, just found this site.  Wondering if you ever found out what trans you have there. I have the exact same one here too. Ive been tryin to figure out what tans this is for awhile.  My pto is on pass side too.  I have same cast numbers you have too.  My case is dated 5.29.50 and my top is dated 5.1.50 or 5.7.50  hard to tell.  Mine has that X cast into the pass side too. My case is cast with the C-38661 with a  "A 8" stamped below that.  I only have satelite internet, so cant upload pics, as I live in the hollar boonies.  Also, can you take the shifter handle out?  I cannot, the shifter handle has to be fed back through the top cap.  Thought I narrowed it down awhile back to a np420, but nope, not it.  I am wanting to buy a rebuild kit, but cant.  Maybe you had better luck.  ? 

You are going to get a rebuild kit for this trans if you get a parts book for a 48 to 53 1.5 ton dodge it will have individual part numbers for everything. Or just tear it down and get number off each bearing. Good luck