'47 Starter

THRobinson

So, been cleaning things up, trying to sort out the plethora of parts in bins from when I bought the '47 Dodge... Few pistons, old head gasket, 7 hub caps... But not finding the parts for the starter.

Starter was out when I got the car, and looks almost like new... But looking in the shop manual it looks to be missing some hardware. But, old scanned image so hard to see clearly.

Anyone happen to have a photo of the starter with hardware? Or better still a link where its for sale since I think its just not here. :S

Thats all you get/need for a starter. The solenoid is mounted on the fender.

EDIT: resize pic

post-80-0-79481800-1400900032_thumb.jpg

Edited by shel_ny

Hmm, maybe thats all I need...

Looking in the shop manual, here's a screen grab... was looking at #4, 5 and 11... I have a D24 though, maybe that's the difference?

47DodgeStarterBlowup_zpsc6e0a21c.jpg

Also, I know a '47 Dodge Truck, but has the extra parts bolted to it, so figured this is similar to what I was needing.

http://www.lunaindustriesinc.com/tucson-starter-motors-rebuild.htm

Edited by THRobinson

So... been chasing a unicorn. :D

Well, upside is I don't have to buy anything... might have found the bolts as well, currently sitting in some vinegar.

Few "mystery" parts though.... may have to post a photo since not even 100% certain if even for the car. :D

If I get that Dodge to start, I may have to post some stuff for sale... won't be using some stuff like the AM radio and 7 hub caps.

Few old beatup old pistons, one in half, and a few valves, plus an old gasket, so hoping that means the previous owner rebuilt the engine. :)

I'll let you know once I have the car sorted out... told myself if I can't get it started then I'm selling it... if it runs I'll keep going with 'the plan' in which case the hub caps won't be needed.

Sorry, but now I have to admit I dislike your avatar? if thats what it's called? Have trouble concentrating to read your post without being distracted.

Just my old brain- easily distracted.

Good luck with the project!

Doug