OFFICIAL ENGINE PICTURE THREAD

navyboy

• 1 month later...

My 218 bored .040,edgy head polished,offy intake polished , two carters carb, Langdon air cleaners,otb oil filter,coil cover,filler tube and cap,dip stick tube, chrome 6 volt alternator , Langdon  manifold exhaust manifolds, dual optima s battery ,lokar carb linkage

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

16 hours ago, scotty t said:

Here's my Chrysler 354 for my p15 business coupe.

205.JPG

just seen  a topic on the  hamb,,  in my  very  old  e mail,,they are wanting to know  what happened to you,,,weird   i  see this and  just  read the other topic  minutes ago,,,

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, greg g said:

Guess I will throw mine in again.  Looking a bit grungier after ten years in place.  Air cleaners for display purposes only.

2cf27839-jpg.289419

I like the color of this one. Hammered paint?

Yes was Hammerite brand bronze, but no longer available in USA. Been taken over by Rustoleum.  Quality , finish, and durability of the Rustoleum just not the same. If you have folks in Canada they maybe can still get their hands on the Real Hammerite.

Yup, I remember the former Hammerite. Now it's Rust Oleum Hammered. I didn't realize it was a takeover, just didn't pay attention too much I guess. This was my favorite kind of paint for automotive hvac parts. Didn't know it stood up to engine temps, good to know.

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, allbizz49 said:

Finally digging into my 49. Pulled the motor to paint and detail it. Had to put the hop up parts on.

I can't read the intake, what brand is it and what headers are you running if you don't mine me asking.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:06 PM, Polsonator2 said:

Here are some updates on my engine, using the 2 barrel weber carb set up from Langdon's Stovebolt.  Works great!  Also added a 6 volt alternator and chrome acorn headbolt covers.

Chris

20170325_230728.jpg

Have you had your steering box rebuilt by RedHeads?

14 minutes ago, allbizz49 said:

Intake is a Thickstun and cast headers are Langdons Fenton repops. The intake is reproduction as well and is top notch. I'm running Thickstun air cleaners with a matching fuel block.

Thanks I had never heard of a Thickstun, couldn't figure out what that word was. I appreciate the info.

Just now, maddmaxx1949 said:

Thanks I had never heard of a Thickstun, couldn't figure out what that word was. I appreciate the info.

No problem. Thickstun was a true hot rodder. Prewar stuff, along with Tattersfield. There's some good info out there about them and their contributions to hot rods.

• Like 1

My new rebuilt .060 over '51 Dodge 230 with a '57 Plymouth 8:1 compression ratio head that has also been milled .030.  Definitely feels more responsive than the '50 Plymouth 218 it replaced.  My '39 Plymouth P8 coupe is definitely happy with the results!

20210706_110003_203095_SP-5741.jpg

20210702_124328_76477_SP-525.jpg

Edited by Polsonator2