flathead rebuild finished!

DLK

Well I turned over my 50 Wayfarer in August of last year to have the engine pulled and rebuilt by Adelmann Engines.  It did save me the cost of winter storage but I never anticipated it would take this long.  It sure was worth the wait - the engine run great and it looks good.  It will be nice to drive the car with a level of confidence it will get me from A to B without a tow.  Now I can focus on electrical wiring and possibly new tires in 2014.

post-339-0-79122300-1398184427_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-89857600-1398184478_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Did not get carb rebuilt but should have and will do it at some point.

Adelmann ordered all parts and for parts and labor it was $2625. On top of that I had a shop pull and replace the engine, paint it, detail the compartment and do other work as well. So lets just say the total bill would pay for a nice vacation. But we aren't in this to make money but to get enjoyment out of our vehicles - right? I have owned four 40's and 50's MOPAR cars in the past 14 years and lost money on every one but enjoyed them all too.

One other comment. Young Ed will vouch for Adlemann's work. He warned me he is SLOW but does quality work.

Correct both my 46 and 48 are running engines that he rebuilt. I should hit 20K trouble free miles on the one in the 48 this summer.