Lumpy Gets Lowered.

Lumpy

I'm surprised that you needed a spring compressor, my stock, full length springs came right out. Did you drop the lower A-arm with the four bolts, which are inboard, or did you leave that connected and just separate it at the spindle, and outboard of the A-arms? I did mine just doing the four bolts, and then letting the lower A-arm swing down, and out.  

I think the extra effort you are putting will be well worth it.

k.

my 73 year old springs came out super easy also,,they had been cut  2  inches compared to the new springs i had made by  eaton,i  dropped it from the up right  all the bushings  were nice and tight so  i didnt replace the inners at  all,,,i bought a kit  for the lowers just to get the  lower outers,,,i already had GOOD  upper outers  i  bougth from  rare parts,,,if i ever need suspension stuff thats where it wil come from,,not  from the resto  vendors,,,not as good as the  originals in  my  opinion,,,

we tried to  do it  with out the  compressor,,but it was liftign the car off the jack stands,,the  compressor  from auto zone is a free rental,,,,you get your money  back when  you return it ,,its a super  nice unit worked perfect,,,

installed the fat man dropped up rights,nice units,,,well made,, only  disapointment is that  the holes for the lower shock mount/sway bar mounting tabs are  1/2 inch  different from the original up rights,so  you cant use the factory  sway bar,,so  a bigger sway bar conversion will be soon,,, also the  king pin kit i bought didnt have the  correct plugs,, so  i had to order the m seperately from the parts store,,  so  after its back together ill drive it get the coils to settle,,,them  make  a measurement for the new  shock relocation  mounts,,,then find a sway bar to  make fit,,  so  after all this i hope  it  rides  better then it did with the  cut  coils and  sits almost the same rake,,,

At the moment I don't detect any negative change in steering or tracking. It "feels" better, but not really "different". I will be watching the front tires very closely for any irregular wear. I suspect caster or camber has changed, but I know that the old cars were set up with a little more of one or the other, than modern cars, and you can often improve handling/steering by changing that a bit, not going by the exact stock specs. (if you know what you are doing) (I don't) Don't quote me, and I'm too busy at the moment to look it up, but I think it's camber that you can reduce from stock, and get better tracking. Or not.

ken.