Started the teardown, and now the build up.

casper50

rather do it myself save $1000 and use it on the interior.

With your obvious skill set it should be no trouble at all for you to do, You can even use some of the money you save on labor to use stainless and never have to do it again.

Do they use salt on the roads in Alaska in cold weather?

Finished the exhaust this morning.  Photo shows it all welded and ready for paint.  Video shows it installed.  Estimates for a shop to make the dual exhaust for my 47 coupe ranged from $900 to $1400.  I did it for $400 and had parts left over from the bend kit that I bought.  First part shows the exhaust without the splash pans.  Shop said that there was no way to keep it.  Second part show that I was able to do the impossible I guess.       Not a very good video but can't expect much for only 18" of clearance, holding a light in one hand and the camera in the other.  lol      

post-6321-0-30296500-1472159386_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Exhaust looks great. One suggestion, Threads on the clamps will be easier to remove if they are aimed to the bottom or sides. Aimed to the top will make removal (should you ever have to do so) very difficult. It has been my experience that removal is easier using an impact gun. Use a wrench on rusted clamps and they will break every time. Use an impact gun and they will not.

Don I have that tool just taking it to someone that knows more than I do to do it right the first time instead of me messing with it for days.  Chris I just bought the bend kit that I posted earlier, the two header collectors, and the two 25" cherry bombs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...