Started the teardown, and now the build up.

casper50

Very nice!

I like the color too!

Don't hit a moose... a friend hit an elk... totaled his H2 Hummer :eek:

Have had visitors from England for the last 10 days so not much getting done.  Put the body back on the frame yesterday.  Beginning to look like a car instead of a bunch of cancer ridden parts.

post-6321-0-98546600-1466337369_thumb.jpg

Edited by casper50
  • Like 1

As long as all your gravity indicators are in the clear, they're fixable. It's a real pain when you find they're in the base after you have the clear on it. Looks great, good job!

Who made the headers? If you shifted the kinked linkage with the spring to the other side of the carb linkage would it center up more on the carb base? One thing I found out the hard way, do not use the original "sandwich" type heat riser gasket for your hot water plate. I had to make one out of gasket material. Looks good.

Moose's headers made them.  The V shaped bar won't fit on the other side.  The throttle linkage is too far to the outside of the engine for it to fit/work.  If anyone knows of better linkage I'd like to know.  This seems a bit mickey mouse to me.

Nope.  It's shrink tube.  Lines will look the same color for years.  Did the same on the red brake lines. The new copper nickel lines were almost black.

Edited by casper50