Fire

pflaming

Paul, looking good... Is that a  "drive up window" at the back?

that is perfect for a long day working on the truck...... get an intercom system and maybe you can get a sandwich delivered from the house? :D

The duplex receptacles are definately above flood level.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

I think it's a little late for that

:D I dunno?.....this is Paul we are talking about.

I don't think Halon is legal in occupied spaces.... but perhaps in this particular case the Fire Marshall would make an exception?

Sorry Paul....just teasing. One suggestion I will make is a light colored floor coating. Helps a lot with lighting and clean up issues and makes it easy to find stuff that gets dropped.

Jeff

Paul;

My favorite garage floor treatment is a pale tan epoxy. A few shades darker than the color of my truck. Gray......etc....is what you normally see but I liked this tan best as it was really easy to spot anything that got dropped. If you use an epoxy type coating cleaning spills etc is a snap.

Jeff

With this pic I'm shutting down my work in the garage to get ready to fly to Maine for a month. I washed down part of the short wall with TSP/90. I think I'm going to remove every thing when I get back and WASH DOWN those walls till ALL remains of the smoke smell is gone then leave them.

Will then paint the shelves black with a white top desk. Got to think about this, but for now it appeals to my respect for the Fire Spirit.

Garageofficeexperiment_zps4232f429.jpg

Paul,

I'm a newbie and just found this thread.  Wanted to commend you on your resiliance through the challenges.  I wasn't able to read all 16 pages but wow what a spirit you've shown. 

On the subject of the building have you considered a cut floor style service galley?  It would allow access to the bottom of the truck without using a lift and you can put blocking in to close the floor when not in use. 

I really like the idea of a tan floor.  Wonder if I can convince the wife? 

Regards,

Jimbob

Convince the wife for: a tan floor, a cut floor galley, or a fire? LOL Seriously, Maybe a below the floor galley would be fine. I had a long building and could put it at the large door end, there it would not really interfere with where most of the activity will be. I could then hang my winch from the upper tubing and be first cabin. H,m,m,m,m. May have to get forum approval first. LOL

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My 3rd grade grandson spent a week at camp high up in the Sierra Mountains. On one field trip he found this and brought it to me. Now that's a very perceptive young lad with an innate understanding of original patina.

Garageofficeupdate8614001_zpse2df3dd0.jp

Garageofficeupdate8614002_zps798e186d.jp

Got a long way to go, but starting to put some things away so I can get back to what is important.  This office is all temporary. It will receive a major face lift when I get a bit more time.  It's been nearly six months since the fire. A lot of things have been on hold and a lot of things have been attended to.  

Garageofficeupdate8614003_zps54247f2b.jp

• 1 month later...

You've asked to be appraised of action. Today I finished mounting my new 13' gate so I can enter my 12' door. Since I will henceforth use the building more as a shop than as a garage I figured I'd just make one good gate.  I still need to secure the black post and bring the fences to the gate, but getting close.  Will back out Phoenix this afternoon and drive her to the front garage so I can redo some things in the shop. 

Paul 

Garagegate92415010_zps0a56a700.jpg

Garagegate92415009_zpsf55eaa18.jpg

Just to help with the picture/location orientation, etc......

Paul has an common alley way behind his house. So in the two pictures, his gate would be blocking the alley way of though traffic.

Its a nice neighborhood and a long alley way..... When I picked up his truck for the BBQ, there was plenty of room to pull the truck out and load it up. 

Looks great PP

48D

Dodger said he would bring salt from UT, spread it in my alley and we could run local drag races there. Yes the alley is a plus. With the gate closed, I can have the big door open and all is secure.

210 days and counting! I think I'll be able to drive up this year. If so, then an over night in Yosemite enroute home. Lots of good photo spots there.

• 3 months later...

Update: early on members offered things that i might need and I really appreciated that, especially the cards to Chloe. Well today I have a couple of requests. I will pay the freight and if purchased at a flee market will pay for the item{s}.  <deleted>

Should be on the street this week. Watch "Phoenix is Rising . . . " thread for the updates. I twisted my back two weeks ago so the going has been slow but gaining traction.

TKS

<edit: please post wanted parts in the classified area>

• 2 weeks later...

picture was taken through rear view mirror ..object in mirror are larger than they appear..

unless someone comes around with a love and desire for the actual start of this cut down rod...this is usually the results of good intention...poor execution...often they sit forever till the owner realizes that he will not get what he think it is worth..and well...the truck is still rough after the roughing in of the chop top..the door you can see is still unfinished ..shame to see this but we know it happens all the time...

I've started with worse.  Wish I had pics of my truck of it's condition before I started on it.... or the F-3 I did 8 years ago.  Both of them would make this one look pristine.

...  I figured I'd just make one good gate.

LOL - I remember we had to CARRY that old gate out of the way to get the parts you and Tim helped me with. That one looks soo much easier!

• Like 1

Trampsteer: I do like the large gate with the 42" gate along side. Located 36" from the building gives me privacy when the large door is open and a nice private 'out of the shop' work space for dirty tasks, or small paint projects. The building is fantastic, I now only have the truck in the bay and I find I need the entire space for easier more efficient working.

This rebuild has been a much greater challenge than I had imagined. One makes as list and it looks quite simple, then runs into a multitude of little things that were damaged or destroyed. The electrical buckets were all toast as were the tail lights. All wiring and all switches I am finding are not reliable so . . .

Yet, today I finished DA sanding, wet sanding, phosphic acid rust neutralizing, then clear coating of the bed, so I have now gone all around the vehicle. Yet the underside of the hood must be cleaned and protected and eventually the dog house will have to come off as well as the bed so that the undersides can be better protected.

I will attempt to take pictures next week and post accordingly. When the new glass is in, it will be street ready. I drive it some now, but not far, too windy without a windshield . The cab interior kit from Quiet Ride is in the cab, so will address that in a week or so.

So will be at the BBQ with the truck under its own power this year. Looking forward to that. The "FIRE" was February 8th, one week short of a year, just amazing how time has passed and what has taken place at your places and mine in the interim.

Paul

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1