Raising a pilothouse to a new level.

Dave..on the rear glass..I was thinking more like gun slots in the early western frontier homes..

That was my take as well. I like the PW as shown, and the bike hauler works for me visually.

The extreme top chop, on a 5 window no less, is just ridiculous. I've never understood cutting a roof down that low. Even if he was building a racing rig, that's too low.

Okay... post-4117-0-33156800-1392052691_thumb.jpg post-4117-0-75965400-1392052755_thumb.jpg post-4117-0-33084300-1392052814_thumb.jpg... I like these ones, mainly.

I fully understand that the slammed and channeled vehicles are bagged on air ride suspension and the ability to raise while en-route is possible...but the cool and awe shock stance make most owner ride at this ridiculous slammed level and cause for traffic problems in and about town..interstate..no so much..as for the power wagon..if I were to own another one of these, it would be the articulating chassis upgrade..

post-19-0-96876100-1392053497_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

As long as we're hashing and bashing, of the latest 3, the first sits too low and will be like a skid plate on the freeway if he ever blows a line, the blue is too busy, less would be more in this case, second looks like a project in need of serious work and the last I actually like. It's in need of paint but the proportions are good, better than the 1/2 ton Pilothouses. 1/2 ton Pilothouses need a bit longer bed to match the taller cabs. Again, all just my personal choices and opinions.

I agree Dave..item three is about as low as any truck needs to be and really does not look bad....as a hater/basher....lose the red wheels or paint the truck to match...lol  While lots of folks like patina..it would be only in reference to mottled paint on steel...when it comes to steel...patina is not the word..the word is rust....patina is reserved for precious/semi precious metals and the discoloration of their oxiditation process that does not eat away the base metal..pewter, silver, bronze and brass readily come to mind..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I actually didn't start this thread to get y'all stirred up. Was trying to keep it humorous.

I thought the first example was a bit over the top.....and the second one? Well..... way over the top. This is obviously an area of much debate and we all have our opinions.

My 3/4 ton is at standard ride height and that is fine with me....and where it will stay. If I were to mess about with it ....... it would probably get about 2" taller in the door glass area. For me that would result in an optimum ride height and all around best road visibility. That is my take on it and It isn't about how it looks to me.

Jeff