Let's see your other rides

74Dusted

my  first car was a 1964 barracuda  push button    altho  at that time  i wanted a 1965  mustang fast back,,,both are kool cars,, my  favorite  is the 64/65  barracuda  and 65/66 fast back  stang,,,, by  64 was also  black,,,seeing a black  early  cuda is one of my weeknesses,,,

Wish the kid would get his running, but he keeps spending his time and money on a 1971 Dart. Go figure. I like Darts, but I like 1964 Barracudas better. The one we have is an orginal 4-speed, 273 car.

ken.

O.K. I'll play. This photo shows all four of my old cars. Clock-wise from top left:

1. 1940 Dodge D14  4 dr. (Canadian car). In family since 1940 and I have owned since 1968.

2. 1941 Dodge D20 4 dr. (Canadian car). Original un-restored. I have owned since 1973.

3. 1965 Corvair Monza 2 dr. coupe. My son purchased in 1994 and I have had since about 2000.

4. 1964 Pontiac Tempest 2 dr. post, 326 ci automatic. Owned since 1981. Currently under restoration. 'Was' a very rusty car. Just put body back on frame.

Phil

O.K. I'll play. This photo shows all four of my old cars. Clock-wise from top left:

1. 1940 Dodge D14  4 dr. (Canadian car). In family since 1940 and I have owned since 1968.

2. 1941 Dodge D20 4 dr. (Canadian car). Original un-restored. I have owned since 1973.

3. 1965 Corvair Monza 2 dr. coupe. My son purchased in 1994 and I have had since about 2000.

4. 1964 Pontiac Tempest 2 dr. post, 326 ci automatic. Owned since 1981. Currently under restoration. 'Was' a very rusty car. Just put body back on frame.

Phil

post-58-0-78075100-1394743482_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Phil

attachicon.gifCollage_1.jpg

nice collection

My son's 1964 Barracuda, which used to be mine, is also black. Nice looking motorcycle. Me like motorcycles. 

k.

any pics of the 64 ?  the bike is a 1994  i bought it in  march of 1995  i rode it home  in  march in  chicago,,,burr it had exactly  2000  miles on it,, it only has  13000 now  after 19 years,,, so u can see i dont get  much time to ride it   usually  300/400  miles a year

There are 6 Dodge pickups, Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6 Honda 4 wheelers, a John Deere Gator , a couple forklifts and two tractors in the yard but here are a couple pictures of the most interesting. First a Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 with new 6.4 Liter V8 Hemi (also has coil springs on the rear).  Second is a 1974 Dodge Custom 300 Power Wagon with a bale feeder bed (converted to propane).

post-5627-0-80067700-1394799353_thumb.jpg

post-5627-0-49241600-1394799444_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have a '73 power wagon much like that blue truck, (call it "Big Mo") and a flatbed much like that, which I haven't put on the truck yet. Mine is a 3/4 ton which was a 360 truck, but I put in a 400. 360 was fine, but I got a fresh rebuilt 400 in a trade...so into Big Mo it went. 360 went into my son's 3/4 ton, as his 318 was quite sick, which he then rolled three times a week later, and joined the Army. So I got the 360 back, but there wasn't hardly anything else of much use off the truck.  

Anyhow, I'll always have a soft spot for 1970's Power Wagons.

Deathbound, by the way, nice Pan. You like them simple, naked, light, and hand-shifted like me. Just before I built the UL, I was looking for a 1951 Pan motor for the project. Missed a couple of Pan deals, then just blundered into that UL engine for a really nice price, and all rebuilt, so I went with that.

k.

Edited by Lumpy

There are 6 Dodge pickups, Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6 Honda 4 wheelers, a John Deere Gator , a couple forklifts and two tractors in the yard but here are a couple pictures of the most interesting. First a Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 with new 6.4 Liter V8 Hemi (also has coil springs on the rear).  Second is a 1974 Dodge Custom 300 Power Wagon with a bale feeder bed (converted to propane).

new ram with a 6.4 ?  not a 5.7 ?  i didnt hear this was availble,,,last year  SRT  said  they were considering an  SRT 8  pick up but nothing  etched in stone ,,,what package do you have to  get to  have the 6.4??  is it available in a 1500 ??

6.4 not available in the 1500.  Engine has 2 spark plus per cylinder and shuts down 4 cylinders when not needed.  Actually gets about 1 mpg better than my 5.7L Hemi.

yes they put the  mds cylinder  deactivation on the  6.4  in  2011,,, if that motor ever is offered in a 1500 ide be  buyin g one,,,  thanks

I had to look twice to see the ford behind that wild paint scheme. It's interesting how they kept the rear doors and just added to the top.  Cool! 

Edited by pflaming

I learned to drive in a 61 English Ford. It was a two door wagon if I remember correctly. Dad had it for a few years and sold it to my cousin who totaled it on a telephone pole. Dad also had a 59 English Ford that I remember as a four door sedan. 

Thanks for the comments fella's. These wagon's were all built as sedan's by Ford and taken to an outside coachbuilder, Abbott's of Farnham, and then converted to be sold through the dealerships.Gotta agree it is a wild factory paint scheme for an English car but it shows it's American styling influences well.I've added an under hood pic to show the triple Su carb set up i've fitted, it's also has the optional overdrive gearbox and makes a nice cruiser. My plans for my Plymouth are pretty much the same ie. basically stock with some period tuning goodies fitted, luckily it came with the R10 overdrive fitted.

Triple su's

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...