Ready Made Exhaust Anybody

55 Fargo
Go to solution Solved by P15-D24,

Who has bought ready made exhaust systems, from Kepich or Roberts or anyone else? I am redoing my exhaust system, and am thinking about buying the pipes front and rear ready made.

Let me know if the quality is good and fit has been okay, I would suspect some tweaking would be required either way.....thanx Fred

would not a phone call to Roberts not only get you current price, availability but a possible quote on shipping...the crossing of the border may well put this out of your reach.....a local shop can do more, faster and usually for a reasonable price......

You know Tim, if you have not bought or used these products from these suppliers, what does this have to do with you???????

I just got off the phone with both Kepich and Roberts, Roberts does  not stock what I need.

Now I am asking any member if they liked either product, how it fit etc.

Local shops are very pricey here, and some do not have a lot to be desired on making the flange etc.

My original question is, HOW DOES ANYBODY LIKE EITHER PRODUCT, FOR FIT AND QUALITY........geesh get a life

• Solution

I have purchase 3 different sets from Kepich. All fit great and had no issues with installation or quality. I had one issue where the exhaust connection to the manifold was different than stock and he took care of the issue immediately. Would buy from him again. 

• Like 1

I have purchase 3 different sets from Kepich. All fit great and had no issues with installation or quality. I had one issue where the exhaust connection to the manifold was different than stock and he took care of the issue immediately. Would buy from him again. 

Thank you GTK

How much$ and what did you all get?

You know Tim, if you have not bought or used these products from these suppliers, what does this have to do with you???????

I just got off the phone with both Kepich and Roberts, Roberts does  not stock what I need.

Now I am asking any member if they liked either product, how it fit etc.

Local shops are very pricey here, and some do not have a lot to be desired on making the flange etc.

My original question is, HOW DOES ANYBODY LIKE EITHER PRODUCT, FOR FIT AND QUALITY........geesh get a life

Fred...I have bought a number of things from Roberts...just that buying and shipping large sections of pipe pre-bent of odd angles would cost you to no end through the shipping/post on the average...I thought I was making a good point...spend you money on postage and customs fees...I just figure your money would be better spent locally and would allow you to do more to your ride with the same dollars spent...obviously money is not an object..though I must wonder why you cared to ask the price...

I've had a local shop make the exhaust from manifold to tailpipe and only had issue with the mufflers.  The locals don't carry, nor could they find the original style from their sources, the straight-thru inlet/outlet muffler, so I went with the center inlet/offset outlet cylinder-style muffler they could get.  It looks great when I'm rolling down the road, so I live with it...eventually, I'll go for the straight-thru muffler, if I can find one.  Anyhow, I went with the locals cuz Robert's, etc. was about $100 more cuz of the shipping costs.  To get the tailpipe right if'n ya don't have a pattern to go by, buying one from a supplier is probably the way to go.  But the manifold to muffler is an easy bend & flange that a local shop can make for a reasonable price, if they have the same material that the tailpipe is made from.

Brian for less than a $100 I can get both exhaust and tail pipe, or if I want to spend $165 for all plus all hardware gaskets and muffler. Shipping is $40. No shop up here can beat that price period.

I built all my own for about $200 manifold to tailpipe. I got the flange from C tire, as well as the the 90 deg pipe, and then its pretty much all straight to the back except for the thrush baffle muffler. The pipe I bought from Piston Ring as well as the muffler. If you've got a mig or a buddy with one your set. You must be getting it shipped just to the border? No way you can clear customs etc with those oversized boxes for $40. Not trying to offend, I just know as I've shipped stuff over and to border

I built all my own for about $200 manifold to tailpipe. I got the flange from C tire, as well as the the 90 deg pipe, and then its pretty much all straight to the back except for the thrush baffle muffler. The pipe I bought from Piston Ring as well as the muffler. If you've got a mig or a buddy with one your set. You must be getting it shipped just to the border? No way you can clear customs etc with those oversized boxes for $40. Not trying to offend, I just know as I've shipped stuff over and to border

I ship everything to Pembina ND, half the time i don't get charged any pst/gst. I either pick it up, or somebody from work, $5 per shipment to Mikes parcel pickup. I have a mig.... the nice thing is Kepich makes a nice factory clone of the pipes, the price is right..PS still got that tranny?