Bed box......something a little different.

Jeff Balazs

I have been thinking about a cross-the-bed box for my truck for quite a while. Hadn't really seen anything like I wanted so I decided to shoot from the hip. Had to be big enough to throw a couple of overnight bags and a small ice chest into for road trips. I have matched the bed wood and it is light enough to easily remove when it's not needed. It is not quite done yet........but you get the idea. It will get locks and finish of course. ;)

Jeff

post-4710-0-86769500-1387501849_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-90972900-1387501875_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-58570800-1387501895_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-58772100-1387501913_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Mark;

:D That looks like quite the load from the farm. All I got that is of lumber size on my "farm" is Eucalyptus..... :eek:

As long as I keep a decent finish on it my walnut box should hold up fine. It certainly wasn't my first choice in this application.....but it was paid for and sitting there doing nothing.

Jeff

Yah this is what happens when you do too nice a job on one of these old trucks. That is one reason I didn't fix all the dents and dings......Me I don't mind some scuffs etc...I just didn't want to be afraid to use it like it is supposed to be.

Jeff

that's what the NEXT truck is for!  :)

Mark;

No next truck here.......this one is just going to have to take a licking and keep on ticking. This is the last vehicle I will ever own....and it is all I got.

Hey John;

I have never really cared for the way spar varnishes hold up. I will be using water based polyurethane varnish. Much nicer to work with and a light sanding followed by a re-spray and it's good to go with out all the fuss. A couple of applications of paste wax a year and it should be good for 3-5 years.

Jeff

Jeff,

Very nice job on the cross bed stash box, That should keep some of your stuff dry,clean and out of your way while you drive.Looks Great!

• 2 months later...