SoCal Old Mopar Breakfast Cruise-In

mrwrstory

Alright gents, once again I call on your grand MoPar loveliness to request a get together.  But this time, in Los Angeles County. :)  Who would be up for Sunday, March 20th?  I've got the perfect place for us to meet. :)

Thanks,

FG.

I've got that day free, Where we meeting and What time ? Rod

• 2 weeks later...

Alright gents, once again I call on your grand MoPar loveliness to request a get together. But this time, in Los Angeles County. :) Who would be up for Sunday, March 20th? I've got the perfect place for us to meet. :)

Thanks,

FG.

Getting close, where are you thinking Jon?

Any word on meeting place or time yet ?  I'm  hoping for rain to wash the truck for the next gathering, We are in a drought here so no extra water to " pretty " the beast up. Hope to see everybody SOON !    Rod

Gents,  sorry about the delay.  I have had some medical issues that took me away from interests.  I am going in for surgery on Monday, but I think I should be good by next weekend.  I was thinking we could meet in one of three places.  

1.  The next Carcadia in Arcadia

2.  Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on a Friday night

3.  Norm's Diner on La Cienega 

4.  Andy's Diner in Pasadena

5.  The Peterson Auto Museum

What do you guys think?

Jon

Gents,  sorry about the delay.  I have had some medical issues that took me away from interests.  I am going in for surgery on Monday, but I think I should be good by next weekend.  I was thinking we could meet in one of three places.  

1.  The next Carcadia in Arcadia

2.  Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on a Friday night

3.  Norm's Diner on La Cienega 

4.  Andy's Diner in Pasadena

5.  The Peterson Auto Museum

What do you guys think?

Jon

Any work for me, with enough notice.

I'm with the group.   I favor #2 or #3. And, a "Friday night" is impractical in my opinion because of the need to drive after dark.

Hot Rods have headlights and taillights......the only downside I see is Friday afternoon/evening traffic.

I'm with the group, I have no problem running at night or in traffic, Never want to break down in the dark, Have many times ( no fun ).

Sending best wishes, Jon.

I may need to ride shotgun to the next meet up but if I'm able to drive the weekend AM times are best 'cause it allows for "honeydew" time the rest of the day :lol:

If the plan is to join a Cruise In, one of my favorites is Carcardia on the 4th Sunday on the month. Though it's early (7;30 AM),  it's casual and eclectic in terms of the cars that show up. An added bonus is it's behind the Arcadia Denny's which isn't crowded at that time and it's easy access off the 210 Frwy and Santa Anita Ave.

Tony

http://IMG_6468-Master%20Cylinder_zpsh2eg9vlw.j

OK, I give up. Where we meeting ? What time and where do I park Sunday? Inquiring minds want to know ? Just in case there were plans. if no plans, any ideas ? Local ( within AAA tow )  Sunday is still reserved and open, I don't take many Sunday's off 

from being away from my bride  so I keep um to a minimum a make um special .

OK, I give up. Where we meeting ? What time and where do I park Sunday? Inquiring minds want to know ? Just in case there were plans. if no plans, any ideas ? Local ( within AAA tow )  Sunday is still reserved and open, I don't take many Sunday's off 

from being away from my bride  so I keep um to a minimum a make um special .

Guys,  

Apologies as I did not think that the surgery recovery would be so hard.  I was talking with Tony, and my apologies for being delayed...we think that NEXT WEEKEND MARCH 27TH at 0730 to 0900 would be good to meet at Carcadia.  PDF of the event that is held the 4th Sunday of every month in Arcadia is below.  And I feel terribly sorry Rod, so I promise that if you come, your meal is on me.  Carcadia is held at the Denny's parking lot.  It's a wonderful event.  I'm hoping that Tony will chime in on his experiences at this event.  My car is still on the rack and will be for quite some time.  But I'll be coming with my 1986 Mercedes 300E.

CARCADIA FLYER:

http://www.socalcarculture.com/Images/CruiseNight_Sunday_Carcadia.pdf

Would you guys be up for CARCADIA?  

Also, I wanted to pass along the idea that in April, some of us could goto the CPW Mopar Spring Fling on April 23rd and April 24th!  I have been a couple of times, and they have MoPars of all eras, including 30s to the 80s.  We can talk about it if you guys are at Carcadia next week.  Here is the website for Spring Fling:

http://www.cpwclub.com/springfling.php

Again, sorry for the change folks.  The surgery was a bit brutal and the recovery has been slow.

All my best,

Jon 

Carcadia it  is !   I'm in. I'll put out the word, see who will show up.

• Like 1

Now that I have a new master cylinder ;)  and shocks front and back, I'm good to go to Carcadia.

My goal is to make it by 7:00 AM on Sunday morning for a quick breakfast in Denny's, then go and check out the rides that show up to the Cruise In.

Looking forward to seeing those that can make it.

And, for those not to sure please note that it does end early enough for everyone to enjoy the Easter Sunday with family. :D

OK, I'm in. 7:00 AM it is See ya all there