Paint color on build sheet

Campton1941

my box of crayolas has three rows of crayons..what row and is this and is it 4 from the left or 4 from the right? 

I HAVE NO CLUE..

look real close under the dash and inside areas of the hinge boxes for hints of the original  color..odds are there will be some indication yet for you to compare..

Unfortunately when finding the original color you can get the original formula, however, for modern paints as the basic ingredients have changed so much over the ages no one will guarantee you a match.  After talking to a number of major paint suppliers at the headquarter level, working with known original formulas they state that their colors are as close to original as they can get but will not be the same nor do they guarantee a color match..this is definitely an area where "close enough" is often the rule and not the practice..I believe that the most picky group of people I have run into on paint codes are the English car folks..  my suggestion is to go with "close enough" in a pint system you are comfortable to shoot or if farming out, your going to be held hostage to their favorite paint system..work with them..they will do good.

When I did Mark's truck, I used the back side of the glove box, sanded it with 2000 grit wet/dry and buffed it, then matched it with a chip book that had cutouts in the center so you could lay it over the sample and spot any difference in the color shade. It was checked under natural sunlight and fluorescent light. Sanding was done to remove any oxidation and expose a layer of paint that hopefully hadn't changed from the day it went on.

No one uses the toners that were used when these paint colors were first applied and wouldn't trust them to be color accurate any more to the time they were first manufactured.