Fuel pump

52b3b

Hello guys,

i wanna show some pictures from my new fuel pump, but the upload in my gallery not work.

I will try it here for testing what happen.

Greetings Klaus

OK, found out that the files are to big (for the world, said the farmer Max Yasgur at woodstock)

post-6354-0-02727100-1383210251_thumb.jpg

post-6354-0-33402200-1383210291_thumb.jpg

I highly reccomend that you take a center punch and stake in the cam arm pivot pin. There have been too many stories, including one from myself, about that pin walking out on new pumps. When the pin comes out, the arm falls and the pump stops pumping. It usually happens at the most inconvienent time and place, leaving you stranded.

• Like 1

I highly reccomend that you take a center punch and stake in the cam arm pivot pin. There have been too many stories, including one from myself, about that pin walking out on new pumps. When the pin comes out, the arm falls and the pump stops pumping. It usually happens at the most inconvienent time and place, leaving you stranded.

Agreed!!! Mine failed on the way home from the hospital after a doc visit with my pregnant wife.....

No i did not do this :confused: . That means take out the pump and factor it so like you say :). Thanks for this tip. Thats why i stay here. :wub:

It will surely be worth the extra effort now, to pull the pump, stake the pin, and reinstall the pump. With this added work up front you should never have to worry about it again. If you decide to leave it as is, because you don't want to pull it out again, you will be kicking yourself in a year or two when (not 'if') the pin comes out while driving down a busy highway and strands you alongside the road.

Merle

Hi Merle,

thanks for the note :) . I've had enough bad experience with my TR6 :angry: :angry: :angry:. The PH has also let me have this experience for three times already.

I always have a bad feeling wen i drive these cars, hurts a little bit. As today, for the first ride with the new fuel pump :angry:. Loading control suddenly glows. Nother project.

Klaus

Klaus;

If you were having electrical problems with your TR6 then you have joined the ranks of all who have owned one. Best thing to do is to go up a wire ga. and rewire everything ....and wherever possible use something other than Lucas parts. The quality of the Dodge electrics is light years better.....so once you solve your initial problems you should be good to go.

Jeff

Lucas did make some good quality components but the stuff they did for British Leyland in the 70's was pretty bad.

Klaus;

If you were having electrical problems with your TR6 then you have joined the ranks of all who have owned one. Best thing to do is to go up a wire ga. and rewire everything ....and wherever possible use something other than Lucas parts. The quality of the Dodge electrics is light years better.....so once you solve your initial problems you should be good to go.

Jeff

Lucas did make some good quality components but the stuff they did for British Leyland in the 70's was pretty bad.

Yes Jeff, i have taken a new wiring

Klaus;

Jeff

I take a new harness from a german manufacturer. Very good in price and quality. But the loading control not work. They reversed the loadingcontrol and tank unit, both same colour. I made some pictures and complaint it. I get 80 bucks less, but it was hard to find out. 

The picture shows the "switching"area

Klaus

post-6354-0-24495800-1383344988_thumb.jpg

I don't fully understand what you mean by "loading control".  Can you or someone explain  what it is or does?

Oh yes, its not so easy with the national languages and translation :confused: . It means the generator lamp or load control lamp. When the lamp is burning the battery is not loading. I mean the cable from the generator to the little lamp in the speedometer was changed with the tank unit. I hope you will understand :) .

Greetings Klaus

Wow-that's a direct short-to the tank sending unit.  Not a good place for red hot wiring.

No, it was not the red hot wiring. It was the green/ black 1mm cable. Lucky was, that the lamb 2W was in between the cicuit. Without the lamb the tank was full and with the lamb half.

Klaus

post-6354-0-47284400-1383844986_thumb.jpg

post-6354-0-75468500-1383845005_thumb.jpg

post-6354-0-78618900-1383845030_thumb.jpg

It will surely be worth the extra effort now, to pull the pump, stake the pin, and reinstall the pump. With this added work up front you should never have to worry about it again. If you decide to leave it as is, because you don't want to pull it out again, you will be kicking yourself in a year or two when (not 'if') the pin comes out while driving down a busy highway and strands you alongside the road.

Merle

OK, how many days are passed since i have built in the new fuel pump? I made a testdrive it goes. I know i had to fix the pin and i thought it will be good. Today evening  i had a trip in the neighbor site to get some firewood. At the return i think it happens. Lucky was 200 meter before home no way more. Went home take a injection put fuel in the carb close the fuelline with a screwdriver and drive home. What a luck, between two villages at the country road uphill in the rain with the wood on bed not so good. Tomorrow i will take a look at the pump.

Klaus

post-6354-0-26376700-1383935555_thumb.jpg

Shame, shame, it is possibly not the pump, cars need petrol :lol: . I have misled me :confused: .

The glassbowle was filled up with petrol and so was it "clear" what happen. But today i've tried using a syringe to suck petrol out the tank, but none comes.

I have 2 gallons filled but not yet started. This shows what I have for a relation to spare parts. The British Leyland have punished me.

'll Start tomorrow and hope for the times it was lack of fuel. The fuelgauge not work.

Klaus