I can tell you what it's not from...

Don Jordan

I've been trying to gather 15 years of auto parts from my garage. I'm trying to identify stuff before I put it on e-bay. I have a piece of stainless that is too big for my 4 door and 2 door sedan. I'm thinking it might be off a business coupe. Does this look familiar? All the grill and hood pieces fit my cars - I guess they would be the same for the business coupe.

I'm finding all sorts of stuff. It just adds up.

d-

post-309-0-98524000-1382331413_thumb.jpg

Thats strange. It looks quite similar to P15 trim but I'm thinking maybe the high point is more centered than the offset on a p15. If its too long for a 4dr and too short for a 2dr it shouldn't be P15.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR STUPID!!!

This is why I don't go out much or mingle with the normal people.

First, in case anyone wondered: the stainless on the door of the 2 door sedan - 39 1/2", on the 4 door 30 1/2" front, 26" rear.

I have extra stainless for the side of the hood and the front fenders.

Remember I said I was cleaning out my garage... Well I gathered up a bunch of stuff. When I went down to measure the piece (33 1/2") I noticed it was a lighter gauge than the MoPar stuff. It hit me like an anvil - the piece is from my 54 Packard (which I have since sold). I sure am glad I never have to see anyone of you face to face. I feel very silly and apologize for wasting your time.

The trim on the hood comes to a point. The piece I have is flat on either side. It looks like it should go on the door but it's too long. I will go measure it right now.

again the hood center is what it looks like, you hve no pics in the gallery of your car...your avatar is not detailed enough to see but appears your hood does not have this trim behind the hood emblem to the rear..if you car has been modified with this seam filled..may be the reason it is off the car..

I didn't think I could feel any sillier but I sure do. I knew I could count on you guys. I don't know why I didn't even think to look on the top of the hood. That's the piece 33". Now when I put it on e-bay I can correctly identify it. Thank you very much for your patience.

I do have a shot of the car showing the hood.post-309-0-01280600-1382501432_thumb.jpg

• Like 1