Last year's work

Dave72dt

Thanks everyone. Yes, another right behind it. Next is another OT, a '65 Falcon Futura. It's been worked on before, has some, maybe a lot, of bondo in it and some panels that look good but feel and sound not quite right.

None of the panels on the '48 fit correctly, gaps were way off, and body wasn't even fastened to the frame except by 2 bolts. All the gaps were corrected and extensive rework of all the front end panels was needed, some bolt holes filled or repaired, some previous patches redone. All four of the fenders are 'glass and had been previously mounted so had to work around existing bolt holes. Most of the work is in the hood and the hood fender gap.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just backed another one out of the garage this afternoon.  A few little bits to finish the assembly, final cleanup and it can go home.  Garage is going to get cleaned up before the next one comes in.  Feels good to have this one outside again.  '65 Falcon  Futura hardtop, Honey Gold, 6 cyl, auto

post-755-0-15263900-1402609805_thumb.jpg

post-755-0-38717800-1402609847_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Update time again.  Fixed a bunch of rust on daughter's X-90. It had been sitting for 8 years, got a new fuel pump, rebuilt the trans, some brake work and fresh paint.  Once again it's her daily driver.

Brother's '03 Mustang with fresh paint after some rust, some hail damage, rear main seal and r & p replaced,  light  and wheel and tire upgrades, seat material upgraded to leather.  Flowmaster exhaust behind the V6 makes it sound pretty good.

And something for myself this year.  Got the box painted as well as rear fenders repaired and painted.  Originally this truck served duty as a shop truck for a filling station so it was a bit rough.

100_4133.JPG

100_4200.JPG

Edited by Dave72dt
  • Like 2

Keep posting Paul, I'm still just a hobbyist, not a professional.  I'm not fast enough for a pro and I'm still learning.   I see so many paint  projects done here where in a couple of weeks or weekend or couple months rust repair  start to finish paint.  I spent three weeks repairing the rear fenders  and prepping them for paint and still haven't got them cut and buffed yet or the underside painted.  The box has been all summer, off and on between finishing the '03 and it had already been primered and blocked twice.  Everything I've done and learned has been self taught.  I do critique each project, learn something from them and apply it to the next, raising my expectations of the finished project each time.

Thanks guys,  6 foot sides are easier than 9 footers and yours has the inner tubs as well.  As I told Paul, I learn from them all.  I had my sides fairly straight before FEF showed up so he got the benefit of some of mine as well.   At least 8 different custom touches, depending on how you count, were done to the box as well, all visible in the pics, some subtle, some not so much.  Still have the tailgate to repair. maybe a winter project. bed wood choice is picked out but have not finalized the bed strips yet.  The bed was finished up between paint on the '03 and waiting for the '03's interior to return.

• 6 years later...

It's been a few years on this project.  98% complete.  Outside now and has made room for the B3B to go back inside the work area in the garage.image.jpeg.8d7fce94bbe75ec14e970bd5ff05437c.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow you really went over the top on that, nice job.

I had a 1969 fastback drove it a couple years I was 17-18 years old .... Took my drivers test with it.

Had the same factory wheels as yours, I had L-60 15 tires that stuck out of the fenders. Ran air shocks to raise it so the tires would not rub ... Rode like a hay wagon.

Had the yellow Mr Gasket traction bars on it, 7" pro stock hood scoop. Typical 18 year old kid, I cut the exhaust system out of it bolted a couple mufflers on hanging under the seats ..... The stock 351 windsor / fmx trans ..... It really sounded terrible & would give you a headache.

I would be embarrassed to drive it today  ??? ...... They do have a special place in my heart though.