Visited car show in Gas City, Indiana

DCurrent

The wife, I, and my son made a trip today to Gas City, Indiana. It was about 100 miles from my door. The car ran fairly well. I discovered some more work that needs to be done though. If you have never been to the show its well worth the drive. It's a combination show and swap meet. More than you could ever see in two days for sure. The show consisted of 2800 registered cars and even more than that weren't. Lots of shade, food, and a neat atmosphere. If you live close I believe there will still be a lot going on tomorrow.

Awesome show. I hit it every year. Talked to several guys with Power Wagons and assorted 1930-1950's vintage Mopars. If you take the crosswalk over the river to the little downtown of Jonesboro, they have a bike show/meet going on the same time. Bands and beer. Can't miss.

Sounds like a dandy show.  

We have our largest area show of the year coming up third weekend of October.......the Maple Leaf show

(with small swap meet area) in Carthage, MO.   A one day event with maybe four to five hundred cars if

the weather is nice.  Not as large as some, but I always enjoy it and see a few people I know.  However, this

year, I have a conflicting event which takes precedence over the cars...........so I won't be there.  Darn.  

This super nice DeSoto usually turns up.........owned by a young couple from the area.

DSC06156.jpg

I have been going to Gas City, IN for DuckTail Run for many many years now.  But I only live a few miles down the road and extended family runs the show.  It is a great time.  TONS of cars this year and swap meet.  Had the Ole'48 parked there again! If you can, you need to make it to the show once. There are people that come from all over to the show. Good times.