Lost My Axle Keys....help

ptwothree
Go to solution Solved by TodFitch,

About 4 years ago, I took my p23 apart and can't seem to locate the keys for the rear axles.....anybody happen to know what their size they are?  I'm hopeing NAPA  or ?? will have something I can use.....Now where did I put those lug bolts.....Gettin close to finally going for a ride but all this small stuff is ........you guys know.

Any local NAPA store should have a good selection of them in various sizes. Measure the slot in the axle and it will be easy to get the right size.

• Solution

Looks like they used part number 1118149 from 1936 through at least 1948 for that drive shaft key.

Is that the same one for the P23?

Part 600238 was the number for the '33 Plymouth models which was 5/16" square by 2 1/4" long.

Does anyone have the exact measurements for part 1118149 so I can update the description in my database? (Confirm Andy's 3/8" dimension and supply length.)

Thanks!

Tod, your 5/16th figure got me thinking and I went and CHECKED..........lol.........OOPS.......its 5/16th NOT 3/8th..........wheres that corner I go sit in...........lol...........5/16th..........andyd

Turns out to be 3/16"  Went to NAPA and bought a 1ft length.  They had the lug bolts as well....nice!  On to the floor repair an rewire.....should be cruzein by xmas!

Looks like pt # 600238 will work on my '51.....2 1/4" is about what I ended up cutting these things to....

Turns out to be 3/16"  Went to NAPA and bought a 1ft length.  They had the lug bolts as well....nice!  On to the floor repair an rewire.....should be cruzein by xmas!

Looks like pt # 600238 will work on my '51.....2 1/4" is about what I ended up cutting these things to....

I think you meant to say 5/16 "

Tod.......Length?......holds index finger & thumb this far apart.........lol............about this long he says.......now where's that corner again.........lol.....andyd