Can Anyone Name This Car? Ot

John Reddie

Trim looks almost Pontiac.  Here is a 36 American version.

car_240_1936_Pontiac.jpg

and a 35

1935pontiacsportcoupe_PSJ187.jpg

I think the grille logo is a Pontiac over an 8 or visa versa,  the relief in the center of the bumper looks like the Cheif's head.

Edited by greg g

That Pontiac script logo bears strong resemblance.

My Googling tells me that Holden became a subsidiary of GM in 1931 (and still is). During the 1920s GM had some four plants in Australia and put Holden-built bodies on GM chassis. By 1936 I think Holden had its own car-building plant but I'm not sure how many they made. (And the name wasn't strictly "Holden," it was General Motors-Holden.)

An Aussie-built Pontiac is at least a good guess, and GM did have plants there. In fact, here's a picture of a car identified as a 1935 Pontiac and it's RHD with distinct grille similarities to the OP's mystery car. ... Didn't see any description of where this photo was taken.

1935-pontiac-8-3-window-coupe-frt.jpg

Edited by GlennCraven

It's a big car, by the look of it...  I would guess a RHD drive export version of an American car ?  

The "suicide" front doors suggest not later than 1935, if it were for American Markets...  the chrome bands wrapping over the center of the radiator shell, suggest Pontiac...

I'm going to go with some sort of 1935-'36 GM-related product...

I like the lady with the riding-pants too... ;)