I Think I Need One Of These

flathead

Must run too rich on both carbs....

I see a lot of those Offy manifolds for sale for all dodge engines, even found one that would fit my 265 truck engine.  Must have been a lot of these old L heads that were used on the dirt tracks.  We raced a lot when I was young (in 50-60's), but we were all Ford flat head 8's, then 265

and 283 chevy's.

If you followed that thread, that engine was put together by a 20 year old out in Washington State. It had a very short life span, maybe 200 miles.  He was on here as dynaflash8, perhaps you could look up his thread by pulling up his user profile from the members list.  He also posted to the HAMB under the same name.  Don't know what he did right or wrong, or how it was put together, but it was a grenade.

Must run too rich on both carbs....

Looks like he might have been in a hurry to get it going, and hadn't got to the tuning/sync part yet - lol

I see a lot of those Offy manifolds for sale for all dodge engines, even found one that would fit my 265 truck engine.  Must have been a lot of these old L heads that were used on the dirt tracks.  We raced a lot when I was young (in 50-60's), but we were all Ford flat head 8's, then 265

and 283 chevy's.

I would love to find an intake from that era. I know you can buy them now from Summit as well as others

If you followed that thread, that engine was put together by a 20 year old out in Washington State. It had a very short life span, maybe 200 miles.  He was on here as dynaflash8, perhaps you could look up his thread by pulling up his user profile from the members list.  He also posted to the HAMB under the same name.  Don't know what he did right or wrong, or how it was put together, but it was a grenade.

Yeah I believe his name is Marty. Too bad, because grenade are not fun to drive. Especially when they decide to go, and 200 miles isn't much!