Window Fuzzy Install

bosworth
Go to solution Solved by Plymouthy Adams,

I'm finally at the point where I can replace the fuzzies for the side windows in my 48 club coup. I got the fuzzies from restoration specialties. Both the inside and outside fuzzies have a black metal bead along one edge. It looks like the old fuzzies, now without any sign of fuzzie left, had the bead facing down so that it wouldn't show. Is this correct? I'll try to reatach the inner fuzzy with staples and hope to save most of the clips from the outer ones. Are there any better ways (glue) to reinstall them?

As always, thanks for your help. You guys have sure made this restoration a lot easier for me

Bill

• Solution

on the flex channel you have bead in and out and outside choice of stainless reveal...on the glass anti-rattle outside and inside fuzzy strips you will want to mount bead down as this is the actual lip the substitute clip will lock to when installing making the piece a snap in item as was the factory only in a slight variation of clip style....but of course your method of attachment may be different...as some like to glue these pieces in position...do ensure the glass in in the car prior..(some variations of the exterior bead is double beaded and this often recommended for install as you can have an outside stainless reveal with this also..)

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1