Poc Event In Vermont

greg g

The Plymouth Owners Club is doing a touring event for four cylinder cars in Ludlow, Vermont, beginning Sept 19, 2013.  Anybody here going to participate?  Anybody here want to swing by and visit them??

http://www.plymouthbulletin.com/2013-4CylinderFallTour.htm

By the way the picture in my avatar is at the village of Plymouth Vt.

Edited by greg g

I think the four cylinder registry that is running that event is actually a separate group from the POC but they do use the POC magazine for announcing their annual tours.

Not sure as my car has two too many cylinders and the events are on the far side of the continent so I haven't looked into all the details.

I know but the last I looked the roads they use are in the public domain, and other than the private collection are open to the public.  Whose to say we can't have a other cylinder tour that coincidentally might precede or follow their route.   It's not like we need to go to their banquet or anything.  Besides they might need the support.............

Hey Chet you watching this space???  Is your 28 ready to rumble????

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

I know but the last I looked the roads they use are in the public domain, and other than the private collection are open to the public.  Whose to say we can't have a other cylinder tour that coincidentally might precede or follow their route.   It's not like we need to go to their banquet or anything.  Besides they might need the support.............

Hey Chet you watching this space???  Is your 28 ready to rumble????

Greg,

I haven't driven it in a while but it ran when parked.   If I drove the car to Vermont I would have to leave now.  Of course I could always trailer the car to Vermont but it would be a lot to do between now and then.  It just doesn’t seem realistic for me this year.  Anyway I had planed vacation time the week prior and I don’t think I should switch things around now.  Anyway if things work out well I will be giving up the day job on 04/04/2014.   This should open up my calendar a bit next year.  Maybe soon we might be able to plan a day trip someplace half way between Washington D.C. & NY. 

PS… The wife & I are driving the 48 up to Chesapeake City, MD to meet Jim Yergin who is attending the show with the National Woody club this Saturday.  It will be good to see Jim again. 

Chet…

• Like 1

Say hi to Jim for me. Take a look at that event I posted on robin's beach thread about, in Jersey in OCT. first weekend in Wildwood. Not suggesting you enter the 28 but it might be close enough to Deleware or Va to attend. I went down for saturday last year It was interesting and this year they will have a lot of the bugs worked out. We will be in Dover for the NASCAR race Sept 29.

Say hi to Jim for me. Take a look at that event I posted on robin's beach thread about, in Jersey in OCT. first weekend in Wildwood. Not suggesting you enter the 28 but it might be close enough to Deleware or Va to attend. I went down for saturday last year It was interesting and this year they will have a lot of the bugs worked out. We will be in Dover for the NASCAR race Sept 29.

Greg,

September 29 is my wife's 40 wedding anniversary. Oh Ya mine too, I am not quite sure if NASCAR is what she's thinking but if we are out in Delaware I'll give you a shout maybe we could get together. Dover is 20 minutes from the house.

Bob,

I will definitely take pictures on Saturday.

Chet...

We are doing a bus trip with several other couples, so it will be to the track and out deal. Probably no time for a cupa. Happy annuversery, it's convenient when the come on the same day......whadda concept

Greg,

I told my neighbor that we were married 40 years and he told me he was also celebrating being married 38 years the only difference was. He was married to three different women.

Chet...

• Like 1

Greg,

I told my neighbor that we were married 40 years and he told me he was also celebrating being married 38 years the only difference was. He was married to three different women.

Chet...

I fit that also, it will be 40 years this Sunday that I got married for the first time, I have been married to my second wife 36 years now

I fit that also, it will be 40 years this Sunday that I got married for the first time, I have been married to my second wife 36 years now

You know Bob, when people ask me what is your secret to a long marriage, my response is simple. There is no secret we are both just to poor to afford divorce.

Chet...

The Plymouth Owners Club is doing a touring event for four cylinder cars in Ludlow, Vermont, beginning Sept 19, 2013.  Anybody here going to participate?  Anybody here want to swing by and visit them??

http://www.plymouthbulletin.com/2013-4CylinderFallTour.htm

By the way the picture in my avatar is at the village of Plymouth Vt.

Ya mean here, Greg?

post-515-0-71588400-1377483296_thumb.jpg post-515-0-19303900-1377483259_thumb.jpg

I will have to try to get to Ludlow at some point, Greg, since it's less than 50 miles from my place, if the weather co-operates. Just found the schedule on their site.The Coolidge Farm sounds like a good destination. Let's try to get together.

Edited by frankieflathead
  • Like 1