My Granddaughter

1940plymouth

Granddaughters are special. Mine  bravely went with me up to Sequoia National Park on my first outing. Great day. A pizza stopover was the reward. 

1strunupthemountain010_zps7bd107c7.jpg

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 4

Seeing this will finally get me to put seat belts in my back seat so I can legally take my own 5 yo granddaughter and 3 year old grandson out in my Wayfarer.  I bought them 2 years ago and they have been sitting on my workbench.  Yes being "Grandpa" to these kids is one of the few rewards of getting old.

• Like 3

Seeing this will finally get me to put seat belts in my back seat so I can legally take my own 5 yo granddaughter and 3 year old grandson out in my Wayfarer.  I bought them 2 years ago and they have been sitting on my workbench.  Yes being "Grandpa" to these kids is one of the few rewards of getting old.

Good plan; you know you would never forgive yourself if they got hurt in your old car.

Marty

• Like 1

Good plan; you know you would never forgive yourself if they got hurt in your old car.

Marty

It's scary thinking about the "good old days".  I remember when I was about 19 (about 1968!) driving with my 4 year old brother STANDING on the front seat next to me. I hit the brakes on a city street and he ended up on the right floorboard - not really hurt but think how bad it could have been?  Stupid as it was - it was not that uncommon then.

Grand kids, especially cute ones as shown, are the paybacks for having put up with raising their parents!!! Only thing is, it will seem like no time at all and your grand daughter will be getting married and go off with her own life. That just happened to us and we missed it all by being in the hospital with bypass surgery!!!!!

• Like 1

She's a cutie alright.  You think its scary now?  Wait till some greasy little horror comes to the door to take on a date and then you'll know scary.

I have two granddaughters, Adele is a year and a half old, Jessica is just four months old, at 65, I don't expect I'll have to worry about that with either one of them.......................LOL

How well did you listen to your dad when you were 16-19?  I remember at that age that I already knew everthing and no old man was gonna tell me anything.  Boy, if I could do that over again.

I know how well I listened to my parents, that's what scares me.

I told my 16 year old earlier this summer that, "Someday, we will look back at this and laugh but not yet."

They are both good boys but it just pains me sometimes to see them make the same stupid mistakes that I made.

Payback is something else.

Nice granddaughter pics.  Bob's sure is a cute little tyke.  I've got two myself, one's about her age (Rilynn), the other is 3 (Jaiden) (and a grandson on the way).  Of course, niether "appreciate" grandma and grandpa's old cars quite yet, although Jaiden recognizes and likes her aunt's Falcon (I think its because she likes the color the most).  I'm putting seat belts in the ol' D24 just to carry them around, too.

I like all the "grandparents wisdom" in this thread!  I'm curious if Pflaming's grandaughter is brave for taking the trip in AN old truck, or brave for taking the trip in THAT old truck :D .  (My daughter used to ask me to drop her off around the corner from softball practice when I took her in my ugly old 60 Ford PU) 

• Like 1