Gas/fuel Tank For 1950 B2B Fargo

hi folks,

Dodge central list 2 tanks...can anyone enlighten me as I get no email replies from them

What is the difference between 1947-48 and 1950 gas /fuel tanks?

http://dodgecentralmi.biz/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=394

Or anyone has another outlet who sells the tank?

cheers ryan

The '48-'52 tanks are made the same as shown here; the '53-'54 tanks are similar, although they would require some sort of bracket to be fabricated for the forward frame mount.  I don't have a comparison with the Tanks Inc. unit or the Dodge Central unit, but the '39-'47 tank is apparently shorter in length than the '48-'52 tank.

My two cents:  if a vendor isn't replying to emails within a week, I dunno if it's a good idea to do business with them cuz what're they gonna do if they have your $$$ and you have a problem with the product -OR- the product fails to be delivered?  I just received a couple of fuel level sending units from Tanks Inc. for modification to my malfunctioning units, and they appear to be of a quality construction, similar to the ones Datcon made that were sold by JC Whitney up until recently.  The price was competitive, and the item shipped via UPS to my house without incident (this has been a problem with JC Whitney and other vendors using FedEx or USPS), so for now they have my vote of approval :cool:

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys, i dont see any prices. about how much we talking for the renu service?

Hi Matt

I found it the cheapest and easiest way is to convert a Nissan fuel / Diesel tank.. bought mine for $$

photo 3.JPG

Edited by dontknowitall

Thanks guys, i dont see any prices. about how much we talking for the renu service?

I think about $150 depending on any required repairs.