I Just Had The Best Time!

mrwrstory

I have just returned from a 3K mile loop, So. Calif. to BC, Canada and back,....not in the P-15 but there

is a Plymouth connection I want to share.  I had the good fortune to meet Ed Conley (aka 40plyrod of this site)

and his lovely wife and family.  It was one of the highlights of a week of scenery, great people and cool cars.

While in Victoria, BC, I motored North on Vancouver Island with several friends to meet Ed and see his

40 Plymouth project.  The surprises started when I rounded a bend in a scenic country road and came upon a

28 Chrysler Coupe.  Ed was lurking and lead our group to his homestead. 

IMG_2913_zps86eed5b2.jpg

Ed and his wife can't be 40.  They have a dairy farm with close to 200 producing cows.  The land has been in

their family since 1904.  Their place is spotless and Ed has a shop to die for!  He's a pretty creative young guy

and In his spare time he restores and builds interesting cars.  The Plymouth Project, the Chrysler and the

Chev Pickum Up are his.  The spectacular Olds belongs to his friend.  It's a stock J-2.  The other cars belong to

the folks I motored with.

Damn!!!! Photobucket is not cooperating.  I'll work on that and post more pics in the next day or so.

• Like 1

What were you in, I do not see a modern car in the picture and you already said you did not drive your Plymouth?  You haven't strayed again have you?  We miss your posts when you stray away for a new love.  Ah I see your 32 in the later pictures.

Edited by james curl

Here's the next installment of the trip, Calif. to BC to Calif.  The linked slide show likely goes beyond the interest of many of you,

but it's important to me to share my visit with one of our own, Ed,40 plyrod, Conley.

It's about 1/4 Road Tripin with good friends and cool cars, about 1/4 Ed's spread North of Victoria, BC, about 1/4 the

British Columbia Aviation Museum and about 1/4 a Historic Home/Museum in Victoria that one of my friends lived in as a child.

..........departing The States

IMG_2865_zpsf7193381.jpg

AARRGHHHHHH!!!!!!! more PhotoBucket challenges  :angry: 

Another attempt

IMG_2918_zps65754198.jpg

Ed is the young man in the white T-shirt and ball cap.

IMG_2921_zpse1c0434b.jpg

;)

IMG_2931_zps22b50ce3.jpg

British Columbia Aviation Museum

IMG_3064_zpse9f1bcb7.jpg

Point Ellice House,...one of the earliest homes built in Victoria circa 1840

IMG_3079_zps468fcf5c.jpg

..........slide show here  http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wstory/slideshow/Victoria%202013?sort=6

... The spectacular Olds belongs to his friend.  It's a stock J-2.

The Olds looks like a 54 to me,and IIRC,there were no J-2's until 1957 and the 371 engine. The 54's had a 324 and I don't think the intakes or heads will swap.

If you can,ask that guy if he wants to buy a complete factory air setup for a 54 Olds. I have a 54 98 4dr I bought from a junkyard that was/is mechanically complete but had no wheels or tires on it,and they had been moving it around with a bulldozer. The body was trashed,but it was/is mechanically complete and  had all the  54 options including factory air and the special 3 groove harmonic balancer. Hate to see all that first-year factory air stuff go for scrap but sooner or later it has to leave my yard.

I bought this car for the drivetrain. I wanted to put the engine,trans,and rear in a 34 Ford 5-window coupe I had,but then got hit with doctors and hospital bills and sold the coupe to a guy in South Dakota.

BTW,no,I will NOT sell just the 3 groove harmonic balancer.

At the risk of occupying too much space on an OT topic, here is one pic from the next chapter of the

BC Boogie.  No Plymouths in here but some may enjoy the stellar visuals of Hot Rods in a European

setting.  Victoria, BC alone is worth a visit.  Even the motel was a motorhead's dream.  My gang of characters

also ferried to Vancouver to visit  a few shops and "Man Caves".  A slide show of about 30 images follows.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wstory/slideshow/Victoria-Vancouver?sort=6

IMG_3316_zps126529bc.jpg

Beautifull area on the globe!!! Spent some time on Powell River BC a few years back. If it wasn't so expensive I would have bought some property there to kick back on for retirement!! Seems that the little town was found out after the winter olympics and prices are abit crazy! Love BC area and their people!

Looked to be a great time! Doc.

I finally found this thread... I had a great time too. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your crew. I have some pictures from my side and how I saw things but I'm having a miserable time trying to load them (can't even resize them) Your pictures are great. Plans are in the works for a visit to the "house of mouse" next year so I hope we can meet again. And keep the pictures coming.

Edited by 40plyrod

• 3 weeks later...

Final installment,....finally, eh!

Coupla photos as teasers.  Sorry no Plymouths but figger motorheads are motorheads.   Depicts cruisin North and East from Vancouver, ending in The States via Puyallup GG Show.  More for those interested at  http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wstory/slideshow/B%20C%20Cruisin?sort=2

IMG_3637_zps91049871.jpg

-

IMG_3525_zpscdb08c6d.jpg

-

IMG_3572_zps1575f8df.jpg

-

IMG_3930_zps636e5308.jpg

• Like 1