Suspicious Email - Carburetor Manual

Tony_Urwin

I just got an email from the Phillipines from someone named "Tim" , no last name.  The attachment says it is a manual for Stromberg carbs, all nice graphics, looks very good.

However, I don't know WHO "Tim" is, and I'm afraid to open the attachment. I can't imagine where spam/a Trojan virus with a Stromberg tag would come from, unless this site might have been compromised.

If the email is legit, I apologize.  Otherwise, everyone be careful of Trojans.

Tony

I just got an email from the Phillipines from someone named "Tim" , no last name.  The attachment says it is a manual for Stromberg carbs, all nice graphics, looks very good.

However, I don't know WHO "Tim" is, and I'm afraid to open the attachment. I can't imagine where spam/a Trojan virus with a Stromberg tag would come from, unless this site might have been compromised.

If the email is legit, I apologize.  Otherwise, everyone be careful of Trojans.

Tony

I've used Tim and his manuals for years. He helped me find a rare carb manual one time many years ago. He sells manuals but every so often he gives you a free manual if your interested. So far my computer hasn't blown up, but I guess there's always a first time.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Knock Knock....

Hello Tony,

I just found this thread while seaching back links to my website earlier today

As OldDad67 told you, I do mailings for free manuals now and then.

I have a opt in emailing list of about 1700 + guys that enjoy getting the freebies now and then that I send out.

I meant to do mailings once a month, but with a slow internet connection here, (and also I seem to keep forgetting)

I don't send out mailings very often.

If you got an email for the Stromberg Manual mailing that I did last month, there is only two ways that you got it, one you had to ask to be in my mailings (possibly you forgot) as I do not send out emails to anyone that has not asked to be on my mailing list.

Or possibly one of your friends sent it to you as a forward??

I do not include PDFs as attachment, but always send a link to the page where they can go download it direct.

The attachment you are talking about is just a jpg photo of the manual cover. :)

Here is the link to the download page if anyone here wants this Stromberg Parts Manual

http://carburetor-manual.com/free-stromberg-bendix-1932-1953-carburetors-parts-manual-a-90.html

Also Tony,

Please email me direct if you want me to check to see if you are on my mailing list, I can remove you if you like, or keep you on also if you like.

Or even add you to my list if you like if not already on it.

I also ask that you please edit your post above with my email address in it...

Please put a blank space between Tim and @carburetor-manual.com so the spam bots don't pick it up and add me to their spam emailing list. :)

Thanks in advance..

Cheers!

Tim

I tried a domain lookup, but it didn't provide much additional knowledge.  However the site does show a picture of "Tim"... 

Yup, that would be my mugshot on our about us page along with my wife and kids! haha!

I do need to update that as we have a new additon to the family last year, our baby boy Steve who is now one year old.

Cheers!

Tim

I've used Tim and his manuals for years. He helped me find a rare carb manual one time many years ago. He sells manuals but every so often he gives you a free manual if your interested. So far my computer hasn't blown up, but I guess there's always a first time.

:rolleyes:

Thank You for the kind words Sir! and helping to straighten this out for me.

Email me direct please as I cannot connect your real name to your user name here.

I want to add you to my Free Manuals for life list!

Thanks Tim